Preface

The voice inside my head were screaming, telling me not to do it. They were telling me that I would regret it if I followed the through with what I wad to do.

I was cold, but I didn’t really feel it. I was numb. I was numb before I even got to the bridge.

I felt like a bystander, watching, waiting to see if the girl in the green dress would jump.

The girl in the green dress. I like that. Maybe when they find my body it will make a good picture or a story worth reading.

Who am I kidding? They will view my death like any other suicide. The only exception to my story will be the fact that everyone thought I had it all.

Nobody ever thought to ask me how I felt. I had the money and the looks, so everything in my life must be dandy, right?

They couldn’t be more wrong.

I was never just fine, or just tired, and I had never already eaten. People never saw the look in my eyes when my parents told me I wasn’t good enough, or that I needed to do better. I needed to be more like my sister.

But tonight none of that matters any more. Tonight is the night that I will finally be good enough.

Everyone is going to realize that they have pushed and shoved me too hard. I can’t take it anymore.

I took a breath and inched my feet to the edge of the bridge.

I hesitated for a moment, thinking of my one true friend. She’s the one I would regret leaving. The only one.

She would be okay eventually. A few months and she will have replaced me.

I took a deep breath.

And as I leapt into the air, I smiled because finally I was at peace.