The Face

I wasn't imagining it right? He was right there, at the courtyard...smiling at me...right? Ahh I'm going crazy! I must've...what else could explain how he's there, looking all perfect - the exact perfect face she'd seen 2 years ago? But why? I almost forgot about him. I've already accepted the fact that my first kiss will belong to someone else - why am I suddenly daydreaming of seeing him, right after Portraiture II? 

Maybe I've been subconsciously wishing I could have a portrait of him? He does have all the right structures to make a great subject... Lisa stares into the nothingness of her textbook, her mind drifting slowly to the memory of the boy...the face that would've been her favorite. 

...............

The multiple honks from outside her yard had cut her novel short and Lisa's pouty smile turned into a frown. She heard a few laughs and forced-but-still-loud-enough whispers as she walks to her bedroom window. Isn't it late, who's making these noises? She caught a Jeep's playful, flashing lights and the silhouette of the boy next door - almost tip-toeing on the porch of his own house. Ahh yes...who else could it be? 

Jeon Jungkook is definitely not the boy-next-door she typically reads in her many collection of novels. No, he's the exact opposite of any of her favorite main characters. She wasn't sure what to make out of him since she never had any chance of speaking to the boy but from what she saw, she can conclude that he's bad news. 

It's quite unfortunate really because his mother is the sweetest, his brother is quite polite and his face...well she can't lie, it's the most beautiful she'd ever seen in this town. It's his somewhat dark presence...and his rebellious not-giving-two-shits acts that made her look away as fast as she possibly can most of the time. She didn't want any trouble...and he looks like trouble.

The family of three seems to be walking in shadows. Aside from his mother who was never stingy in sharing recipes with her mother when she has a bit of free time, Lisa hardly sees the two boys around the house. She later learned that the elder son works at a printing factory and Jeon Jungkook stays with his friend most of the time - only coming back once or twice a week.

And this is what happens when he comes back. The car that dropped him off would honk, as if celebrating his willingness to return home. It's quite annoying really, because it only happens past everyone's bedtime. Lucky to be Lisa, she's rarely an early sleeper - preferring to spend her nights reading happily-ever-afters instead. Thank God we have that in common...otherwise I might be forced into talking to him about this late-night habits of him!

...

Jungkook winced slightly when he accidentally bumped the wall on his right shoulder. The new tattoo he just got still feels a little sore underneath the layer of gauze and cotton but the pain only made him smile more like a stupid fool. He finally reached the bedside lamp and switched it on. Placing his keys and wallet on the desk, he then peeked through in between the gap of curtains to the opposite windowpane. 

The dimmed beam of orange light is still on - is she still up or did the noise woke her? Bunch of jerks - I told them to be quiet! He laughed to himself, knowing full well why his boys wouldn't. They've been pestering him more and more since his final day at school - questioning his manly capability on going up to Lalisa Manoban and teasing him into talking to her. There's just never the right time...

It's embarrassing really, even Jungkook admits it to himself. He has the hugest crush on her for 2 years now that he had practically memorized every single shameful encounter he's had with the girl. The first time he saw her was when she first moved into the neighborhood and landed right next to his house. His mother had forced him and his brother out of the rooms to greet the new small, foreign family and the best he could do was a nod when being introduced.