want you around.

"I don't understand," Lisa Manoban said through the phone. "I've been working alone. You trained me to work alone - I don't need a partner, Nick!" She calms the irritation by smoothening her dark blue blazer.

Be cool Lisa...calm and collected, she told herself...somewhere in between the screaming of I want to kill him for this! She could tell that her boss is exasperated by the sound of him sighing deeply, and she immediately toned down. "Is this about that scratch on the company's van? I told you I'll pay to get it fixed - it wasn't even my fault that the cyclist came outta nowhere -"

"It's not just that -" She could also tell that Nickhyun is trying his very best to not shout at her. "Look, Lis. You know how much I appreciate you. You've done amazing work for the agency and I'm not sugar-coating it when I say you've single-handedly saved the company last year with the AIS account. But with the success, the company's now getting bigger projects and I can't send you out there deciding everything by yourself! Believe me, it kills me too to put you up to this but I have to,"

Yeah...I bet it does, she thought. But I saved the company last year, don't I get some sort of immunity on this? Don't I get a say in things?? But of course, she can't say any of it. She needs to be humble and polite...cooperative, especially to the boss. "Why can't I just report my work like I used to? I get shit done easier by my own,"

"I know but that was before. Now that you've gotten us this far, I can't let you micromanage every single thing - especially for an 8.4-million project! Unless if you don't want it of course...I'll give you another one,"

Ugh, I hate it when he does this passive-aggressive shit! "And who would you give that account to?"

"It's not hard to form a team, Lis. You know there are others who already volunteered for this job but I wanna give it to you. But just for the record...if you don't want it, you should know that it'll be hard for me to trust them as much as I trust you -" Damn right! "Just let me know and I'll put it up for auction...although I'd rather not since you're the best man I got in here,"

Again with all these passive-aggressive - "Woman - but I get what you're saying,"

"Lis, step off your pedestal a little, will you? Just one or two down, just this once. It's not that hard, right? You know for a fact that this Lotte account means big for us - the perfume line is only the beginning. If we do a good job at this, it'll secure us a much bigger fish...all I'm asking for is for you to accept this partner,"

Lisa sighs up to the ceiling above her. It's way too early for a headache like this...I haven't even had my morning coffee yet! "I mean...I don't see any other choice here,"

"Great! You'll be working with Jeon Jungkook,"

"Who? I've never heard of him before - is he new in the office?"

"He's this analysis whiz kid from Lotte," Nickhyun said. "They're only agreeing to us with the condition that this Jeon guy will be monitoring our marketing and PR plans, as well as making sure we're working within the budget we said we would,"

"So basically, they're sending in a spy?"

"In lay-man terms...yeah. This is a crucial project for us, Lis. I don't care if they're sending army tanks full of Koreans here, we need to make sure we don't flop,"

"I never flop."

"No, you only got yourself or other people into accidents and that'll all be under our costs. This Jeon guy will be reporting back to Lotte how we're spending on unnecessary fixes and we can't afford a bad rep on this,"

"Just a question, who's really in charge of this project cus if it's him, I'd rather quit,"

"No, no. It's you," As if sensing the suppressed anger, he continues with a softer voice, "Just think of him as an advisor. Listen when he speaks his concerns and assure him like you always do to all our clients. Please...please cooperate, Lis,"