EP6: Interlude: the Herrscher of Death

Hyperion

After receiving no feedback, Theresa decided to go to mount Taixuan herself to look for Bronya, Seele and Kiana. Bronya and Kiana were found unconscious, but luckily harmless. As for Seele, there was no trace of her. Theresa took them back to the Hyperion and waited patiently until they were released from the ilusion.

Theresa could make herself an idea of what happened to them, she was totally conscious about the Herrscher of Sentience, and the whole situation with Schicksal and World Serpent. She has already been preparing to tell her girls about the honkai eruption, she was just waiting for the perfect opportunity to do so, but how things went on, she'll have to tell them all the truth before time.

Kiana was the first one to wake up. As soon as she realized she was conscious, she asked about Fu Hua.

Theresa could already confirm her suspicions, they've met the Herrscher of Sentience. She couldn't give Kiana a proper answer, as she didn't know about her either.

Later on, Bronya woke up too, very agitated, as if she was fighting a thought war on her illusion. She seemed relieved to know that it was all over, but her calm was disturbed when she realized Seele wasn't around.

– Principal, what happened to the Ice Herrscher?... Seele… Is she ok?

– We did an intense search for all the places, Seele wasn't found anywhere.

– They took her… –Bronya said, frustrated.

– About Ana... I haven't heard of her for a while, but as she was in your illusion, that means she was with Fu Hua, am i wrong?

– It's hard to tell, the Bronya can barely remember what happened before, she can't tell at which point the illusion started.

– I also saw Ana, Fu Hua herself confirmed to me about her being in World Serpent, they are working together… –Spoke Kiana.

– Two herrschers in World Serpent, one of them with a Divine Key… This sounds wrong in every aspect, if they took Seele it is because they want to use her as a vessel for the Death Herrscher… –Opined Theresa.

– We must find them and get Seele back before that happens! –In total preoccupation, Bronya speaked in a loud voice. Getting no answer from anyone–

The silence remained for a while, making Bronya confused.

– I'm afraid in this situation we can't allow ourselves to start a conflict, especially not with the World Serpent. –Said Theresa.

– Is the principal saying that we will let Seele at the disposal of the Serpents? No, the Bronya can't just sit idle! Seele needs our help, we can't just abandon her this way!

– I'm sorry, Bronya. But we can't fight the World Serpent now. You need to understand, we are in a tough situation…

– It's because of the Light Star Herrscher, isn't it?... –Kiana asked, surprising Theresa.

– How do you know?...

– Fu Hua told me.

–The Bronya remembers that Ana mentioned that name as well...

– I am not sure what is going on, but for Fu Hua having to betray us this way, it must be a very big problem… Auntie Teri, you're hiding something from us, it is time for you to tell us.

Bronya and Kiana looked at Theresa with an insistent look. Theresa felt the pressure, she knew she couldn't keep hiding it any longer.

– Listen, this is classified intel that has been kept away from you for orders of the Sovereign Welt himself. But now that you've realized on your own, I feel I'll have to put you into context… I'll tell you all about it, listen quietly and keep the questions to the end.