EP10: Dawn of the Serpents

After Ana and Chen left the tombstone of the fallen Herrschers, they got separated, Chen went to search for the Fenghuang Down and core of Sentience, while Ana was back to where she left Kiana resting. She was still unconscious. Ana grabbed her in her arms, she went to look for Chen to provide help on his search.

She found Bronya in the way, certainly something unexpected. Bronya directed Ana with a worried face after she noticed she got Kiana with her.

- Bronya, why are you here?

- After the Bronya left the battlefield she went to AE's base to leave Seele under care, then, the Bronya was assigned the mission to search for the survivors of the fight, as well as bring the Serpent Sovereign with her.

- I see...

- What is the current status of the Subject Kiana?

- She's just unconscious, using her herrscher powers at that level certainly drained her.

- Just as expected. She overused her power... Let the Bronya carry her.

Bronya summoned her mecha next to her, it opened its arms, Ana carefully placed Kiana on them.

- Does Ana-nee-sama know anything about the Herrscher of Light Stars, class monitor or the Serpent Sovereign?

- Oh Bronya... There's so much I have to tell you to put you into context. -She sighed- ... Chen shouldn't be too far ahead, help me to find him, I'll tell you all the details on the way.

Both went walking around the place, just like she promised, Ana told everything about the battle to Bronya. Her reaction was exactly how Ana expected it to be, she was astonished, it was too much to take, very hard to believe for somebody who wasn't there to witness it.

They finally found Chen after a long time walking, he was the one who actually found them. He seemed to be done with his work.

- Herrscher of Reason, it seems that you are ready to solve our matters -Chen spoke to Bronya.

- Welt-sensei is willing to talk with the Serpent Sovereign. The Bronya was assigned the mission to take him to AE's base along with Subject Kiana. Even though Bronya's mission didn't include Ana-nee-sama, she can come as well.

-Thank you... -Ana said.

- Lead the way, Herrscher of Reason. -Chen ordered.

- Hai.

Bronya took them to the base, where they were immediately attended by Einstein and Tesla. Einstein took Chen to the meeting with Welt. While Tesla took care of Ana, Kiana and Bronya. They took Kiana to the infirmary, requesting the medical staff to attend her immediately. Bronya and Ana were taken out of the room.

- Dr. Tesla, the Bronya requested permission to see Seele.

- Oh right, Seele... How is she? -Ana asked.

Tesla kept quiet for a while. She turned to see them, the intrigue and worry was present on both of their faces.

- Follow me

The suspense kept by the herrschers was growing stronger for every step closer to Seele. Tesla took them to the room where she was, they both hurried to get to see her.

Seele was all covered in sheets, Bronya removed it from her face. She was pale and cold, she knew what that meant, but still couldn't believe it.

- I am sorry, Seele has passed away due to the honkai corruption manifested inside her body after the core removal. She seemed to have lost her stigmata shortly after becoming a herrscher. Without it, her body wasn't able to stabilize the honkai energy, which affected all of her organs and drove her to death...