Picnic tables

I scoffed at her boldness.She looked at me with an eagerness.I tried to ignore her by looking at my schedule.She tapped the table , "hey,you know not everything in life will be written down on paper,some times you gotta experience it yourself."
My head shot up and my mouth agape. " I DO NOT-" i started.

She put her hand up to signal me to stop talking. She smiled, "i wasn't trying to offend you and if i did i greatly apologize". She continued to look at me.I closed my mouth and tried to push forward in the conversation since she wasnt going away anytime soon. "So? What is it you do when you aren't messing with me?" I playfully ask. She raised her eybrow. "Well if you must know,i dance". I laughed. "You? ,The famous Dr Alex Blake DaNcE?"

She looked down holding back a giggle. "I never said i had rhythm or was any good at it but yes i dance." I nodded trying not to laugh. "Oh i almost forgot-" she broke from our conversation to grab two coffees off the seat that she brought for us."  "What is this" i asked. "well i know it was technically my coffee that was spilled but i figured by the dazed look in your eye you could use some." Our eyes flickered between each other before i broke the contact and picked up my coffee." She swirled her cup as you would a wine glass and i held it up to my lips to taste it and felt a warm peppermint taste run over my tongue and down my rather irritated throat. "Mhm peppermint."

Blakes eyes lit up. "Only way to drink it." I re- situated myself and our eyes met once again. "So ,i assume youre married,a beautiful woman like you?" I choked on my coffee. I gathered myself trying not to laugh. "Uhm no actually,i never really was available for relationships" "Why ?" Blake insisted. "well ,first of all i have a very strict plan and that means im busy" I explain. "ah youre one of those" she sighs. "And that's supposed to mean..?" i quiz her.
"Just that "on your A game 24/7" type of person,let me guess ,divorced parents?"

My mouth once again dropped.
"i uh how did you-?"
"I was a profiler"
"i seem to forget that one detail"
I clear my throat and push the conversation forward .
"So uh how about you,marriage?"
Blake looked to the sky and let out a weak laugh.
"aha nope,well at least not anymore " she said.
"how come?" i asked.
"well first things first,i couldn't love him the way he loved me"
She explained.
"oh and how is that?" i pushed.
"Well he was...how do i put this ,well he was a he"
She played with the lid of the coffee cup in her hands.

"Oh!" I exclaimed.
"Yup big old lesbian" She half heartedly giggled. She could since the conversation was ending. "Well um i myself," i started. "play for the women more than men."
Blake looked up and seemed to relax a bit, "i thought you didn't have the time to date".
"I dont have the time to date" i said with emphasis on "date". I smiled at Blake and she met me with one as well.
The school warden announced over the speakers. "If needed you are able to enter the building safely again" It had been a couple hours outside and i had no classes left for the day.I felt a heeled shoe slide up and down my leg,i looked at Blake and she was writting something down on a sliver of paper.

"Well i need to go back to class but if you interested in "dating" anytime soon." She slid over the paper.

832 278 2377
call me ;)

I looked up to thank her and she was gone.I got up and hit the paper against my hand.I licked my teeth and started to laugh.
"Dr. Alex Blake, you sly fox".
-
-
-
-
-
sorry for taking so long ,i get writers block very often :(
-
i will attempt to keep up with this since ik there is demand
-
THANK YOU FOR READING
if you have suggestions pls comment them😊