Blame

Aga is shooting his new upcoming movie. He received a new project for the remake of Miracle in Cell No. 7 - Korean movie. His family is so proud of him as well as Lea who congratulated him upon knowing it. Nadine Lustre was the first choice to act as his daughter in the said movie but due to medical reasons, she backed out. Aga can vividly recall the day Lea found out about the cast. She thought Nadine Lustre would be his leading lady. Relax ka lang, he said to her. She teased him, said he is too old for Nadine. Aga just laughed at it. No words have to be said by her just so he can get it. For years of knowing each other, he can tell what Lea can't. She feels jealous sometimes. Both of them wanted badly a third movie after their two successful movies but her mom, as always, intervened. Ligaya doesn't want Lea to do movie again with Aga, but she can't tell it publicly. A lot of fans still are hoping for its possibility, but she just says the same answer everytime.

It'll happen when it happens.

Ligaya is warding Lea off from any chance that might occur to another mistake. Both of them are married now, have family to protect and career to maintain. She just wants to assure Lea would take care of her name that took them years to build. It was year 2016 when a movie was set. Malou Santos, managing director, confirmed it. Lea and Aga were both pumped up except her mom.

"What stupidity is this?! Are you even thinking?! Carmen, sabihin mo nga sa akin yung totoo. I want the whole truth! Are you still into that man?!", she asked Lea.

"Ma, no! We're both married now. It is just a movie. Our fans have been asking for it, and our network decided to give it a shot. Ano'ng masama don?"

Ligaya raised her tone, "A lot! What about Nicole? Did it ever cross your mind how she would react?! Her tito Aga and mom would make love on screen! Naisip mo ba yan?! How about Rob?! Carmen, stop this nonsense! You can't fool me. I know you two are still seeing each other off cam. Kailan ka ba titigil? Kailan ba titigil yang lalaking yan?!"

"Ma, Aga and I are just good friends. That is all. Yes, we are still seeing each other off cam because we have Gillian. Ma, we have a daughter", she said the words living in her heart.

"That's it! Lumabas din yung totoo! That's what I am telling you. Gillian is a threat to your career and family. Sinabi ko na din naman sayo stop seeing that kid! Ano pa bang pinupunta punta mo sa kanya?! Isn't it enough that you're spending for her education and other needs? Carmen, you don't need that child. Hayaan mo na siya kay Ruth. You have Nicole!"

Lea raised her hands in defeat, "Fine. I'll back out from our film but not from my child's life. Ma, I am her mom whether you accept it or not. I never asked you to accept her. All I am asking is stop telling me what to do to her. I am her mom. That would remain as it is"

It is their usual scene. Her mom has no plan to accept Gillian as part of the family. She doesn't want her. Fortunately, Gerard, her brother, has her back all the time. He supports Lea at all cost. She backed out from the movie, "... there has to be a real clamor for it. Social media is such a small segment of fans. It's not everybody. If only a few wants to see us in a movie together, then I don't know if it's even worth it. I'm happy with the show I'm in. I love what I'm doing with 'The Voice'".

Lea said it as an excuse but Aga didn't agree with it. They didn't talk for weeks and she understood him. It's her fault. As always she is a coward to disobey her mom.

"Kailan mo ba ako pinaglaban? I'm used to it", Aga said when she asked him for a talk.

"Morning, you understand the situation", she said.

"I do. Believe me, Lea, I understand. Alam mo kung ano yung di ko maintindihan? Ikaw! I don't get it why you can't speak up! Di mo na nga ako pinaglaban noon pati pa anak natin nagawa mong ipamigay!"

She got pissed off, "Aga, ano ba?! Are we still on the same page?! You're always bringing this up! Oo na! It's my fault! I am a coward. I can't stand for you and our daughter! When it comes to my mom, I always flinch! You think it's easy for me?! You think it's easy for me to hide away my feelings for you? It's not but I don't have a choice"

"You do! Takot ka lang sumubok. Duwag ka lang ipaglaban yung nararamdaman mo. Di naman tayo aabot sa ganito eh. We could've been more than just friends pero wala eh! Wala kase duwag ka!"

Lea took all the blame ... even up to this day.

"Kanina ka pa diyan ah", Charlene noticed him jabbing his screen for awhile now. Lea asked him to have dinner with Gillian. A party is scheduled tonight for the said movie but he can't think of an excuse.

"Uhm. It's Bayani. He is asking me of something eh but it's fine now", he smiled at his wife. Charlene nodded anyway. It has been more than a month since his last time seeing Gillian. Ruth kept on updating him about her somehow but Aga knew it ain't enough to just send financial support to his daughter. She needs a father but he can't be there 24/7. Gillian is setting a wide distance between them her parents. Missed calls and unread messages are just two signs. Regrets sometimes beat him up. If only he did not agree with her mom's decision. He should've took away Gillian but Lea begged. It might create rumors that can put a dirt on her growing career. Things might get worse and she can't disappoint her mom. Shooting was over and they headed straight to the party.

Meanwhile, Gillian went down and found her mama Ruth manning the kitchen. Foods are plenty for them both and she could discern her parents' promise to visit again. But she is just tired believing in them. She let go of the thought of having a complete family. They don't come very often, broke their promises most of the time. She got used to it.

"Ma? Let's eat na", she told her mama Ruth.

"Your parents want to have dinner with you. Let's wait for a while lang", Ruth said.

But Gillian is just so done hearing it. She knew in less than an hour, they would ring the phone saying their excuses. "I'm sure they can't come, ma. It's 8pm already. I am hungry na. Probably they meant breakfast, not dinner"

"Gillian, can we talk?", Ruth can see the distance that Gillian is setting. She doesn't want her to harbor grudge against her parents. Gillian walks closer, took the seat fronting Ruth. "Gillian, anak, you listen to mama, okay? I know nagtatampo ka kase minsan lang sila kung dumalaw. But you understand the situation, anak. They are trying so hard to be your parents. I hope ..."

Gillian cut her off, "Why?"

"What do you mean 'why?' "

"Why are they doing it? Why do they keep on coming here? Ma, they don't have to do it. I am fine with you. I don't need them. They don't have plan on telling the world I am their daughter so what's the point? Alam ko naman eh. I am just a threat to their career"

"Gillian ..."

"Ma, I know it. Even if you don't say it, I know it. I understand and it's okay. You're here with me and that's more than enough. We don't need them. And I ... I applied for a full scholarship, ma. Once I get in, I don't need to ask for their financial support. We can live on our own and them too. I applied also for financial assistance. They will give me allowance while I work as a student assistant. I can do it, ma, even without them"

Ruth can't believe from what she heard. Gillian planned it all for herself. Despite her effort to raise Gillian without hatred in her heart, she just can't control some things to occur. She is growing now, making choices of her own. That is something she can't dictate to Gillian. Her phone beeps, and messages from both Lea and Aga popped up.

And as usual, they can't make it. She averted eyes to Gillian.

"It's them right? They can't come again. I told you. Wag mo na kase masyado inientertain yung messages nila, ma. They have families on their own. Let's just eat dinner na"

She watches Gillian moving around the kitchen like nothing, but Ruth knew deep inside she longs for their attention. And that is something she can't control.