Love Boundaries

"Fully paid na yung tuition mo, Ms. Imutan"

Gillian went on with her life. After that unexpected confrontation with her mom back at Christian Bautista's wedding, Lea did not leave her down. Her mom would send her food and stuff nearly every day. Gillian had no single idea how Lea found out her address. And when she thought nothing else could get worse than that, she found out also that her tuition fee for the whole semester was paid. She scoffed in disbelief upon hearing it from their school registrar.

"May I know po sinong nagbayad?", she was curious to know which of them paid for it.

"Sorry but we do not keep records kase kung sino nagbabayad. We only take the student's account number or full name"

She left in disappointment but was adamant that it could be her mom again. Once and for all, she wanted to make things clear to her parents. Away from them was the best choice she ever made, and she wanted things to stay that way. Gillian found herself standing in front of her mom's house in Alabang. It was full of memories that she never wanted to revisit again. She never felt that she belonged there.

Kailan ka ba aalis?

How much do you need?

Sinisira mo lang ang pamilya nila, Gillian!

All those words came back to her thoughts as if it was only yesterday. Her hands trembled in fear as she was about to press the doorbell. Lea's mother might just be inside, and she was not prepared to face her again. What else she should say when the last time they talked it was all clear to her. Leaving is her only choice.

What if siya ang nandyan? What if Ms. Lea's not around? Baka lang ipagtabuyan na naman ako. But I am not here to bother them. Should I press it? Should I knock? Or hintayin ko na lang kaya na lumabas yung katulong?

Gillian gripped her sling bag, anxiously thinking if coming back is a good idea. Just once, Gillian. Just once. Leave if no one comes out. She pressed it with hesitation. Her heart was pounding faster when the door slid opened.

Rose, nanny, was in disbelief upon seeing Gillian, "Sin... G-Gillian? Ikaw ba yan? Naku, bata ka! Kay tagal kang hinanap ng mommy mo"

Rose rushed to open the gate for Gillian. Of all the people inside the house, it was their housemaids that Gillian treated her the same. As if she was not a child by mistake. They took care of her like they did to Nicole.

"Kumusta po kayo, ate Rose?"

"Heto. Ayos naman. Ikaw? Teka nga. Pumapayat ka ah. Kumakain ka ba ng tama? College ka na diba? Eh nag enroll ka na ba? Naku, sa loob nga tayo mag usap. Si mommy nand...", the nanny halted from talking when Lea and Aga were squabbling upon heading out the house. Andres was grabbed by Aga while Atasha was carried by him. All of them went mum upon seeing Gillian especially Lea. She was threatened earlier by him to take away Gillian. And seeing her daughter there made her anxious rather than being pumped up.

Gillian realized that it was a mistake to approach Lea again. But it was too late to fink out, she gathered the remaining courage left in her system.

"I ... didn't mean to bother anyone. Ms. Lea, I am here to pay you back", she took out the envelope with all her college savings inside. Unsure of how to survive until her next salary, Gillian did not hesitate to hand over the envelope to Lea. She stepped towards her parents, reached for her hand to give the envelope. "It is not enough. Uunti untiin ko na lang po ang balanse. Every 15th and 30th of the month yung sahod ko, I swear to pay you back sa balanse. You know where to find me kung sakaling..."

"Gillian, stop it", Lea pulled her hand, squeezed back the envelope.

"We already talked about this, Ms. Lea", she met the sight of her dad who seemed unaware of what was happening.

"It's good that you're here, Gillian", Aga looked askance at Lea, adamant to take custody of all his children. It has been a long journey to all of them. For many years of waiting that Lea would someday weigh things in, he just got tired. As a father, Aga just wanted peace for them especially Gillian who suffered a lot. He wants to give attention and love to his growing Gillian.

And he has dwindling hopes that Lea will find courage in her heart. That after all these years, she will fight for him.

"Don't you dare, Aga. I am warning you!", she pulled Gillian who seemed confused about them bickering.

He huffed, gave the little ones to Rose. The nanny settled the kids inside his car as Aga confronted Lea. He pulled back Gillian, and his daughter felt the firmness of his hold. She can see anger in her dad's sight lingering in Lea.  "What can you do ba? Coz I am telling you I'd rather lose my career than letting Gillian go on like this! Ang haba na ng napuntahan nito, Lea! Our daughter doesn't deserve this, but look where she is right now! She's struggling because of us! Naging palaboy ang anak ko because her own parents cannot provide a complete family for her! We failed to protect her! Pagod na ako sa sumbatang to. Now if you cannot choose between us and your fame, let me do so for you"

Aga dragged Gillian along. She was not able to fight back as her mom tried stopping Aga. Lea tried pulling Gillian, but Aga was strong enough to come in between. "Aga, ano ba?! We don't need to come this far! We're both married here. We have children who have nothing to do with these! From the very start, you know we can't be possible. All these years we are just forcing the impossible! I tried ending this for so many times. I told you the best decision out of this is just co-parenting. We can't be possible. I want to give Gillian the best things in life. She's my first baby. She's the symbol of these damn feelings I have for you all these years! But we have families of our own now, babe. And I am sorry for the years I could've fought for you and Gillian. This is where we are now. Let's not complicate things even more for the children", pounding at his chest, she let all tears drift down her cheeks.

But Aga has had enough. He pulled away, felt nothing but decisiveness. Love has suddenly lost its meaning .... and anger is all that's left. This has to come to a halt ...

no matter what it takes.

"See you in court, Lea"