Chapter 3

The secret hideaway, as it turns out, was a cave tunnel with a large white space ship inside.

 Duck reluctantly enters into the area with Pinkster when he stops all of a sudden to admire the view of the large shuttle. 

"Wow." Duck said with a shock, his breath almost taken away by its cool, shimmering features. 

"What? You've never seen a spaceship before?" Pinkster teased with a smirk.  

"No I have, its just....oh man. Wait till Tech sees this. He'll be nerding out all day about control panels and the materials used on this aircraft. Technology was a huge deal to my team back home but, I don't seem to recall the last time we were without any of it or our weapon gears for that matter. Ace would always call his inventions 'toys' and I thought that it was the funniest thing ever to see Tech getting all upset for it and defend his opinion of it. One time, I made a bet with him that I can live without any technology and I lost but at least I got to experience the cave man era without all that junk. Am I right?" Duck said laughing while nudging his elbow on Pinkster, who apparently rolled his eyes at Duck's mention of The Loonatics but then quickly switch expressions back to innocent with a smile and a nod as the two climbed onto the front two seats of the vehicle and buckled up their seatbelts. 

"So, where are we going to exactly?" Duck asked curiously.

"Well, all of my dear friends are back in Planet Blanc. You recognize that place?" Pinkster said rhetorically. 

"Of course, but it really has been a long time since we ever set foot on that side of the universe. The Loonatics and I left that planet about 3 years ago because the jobs up there in the new headquarters were becoming a huge headache. Plus, I had to get away from that royal pain in the behind if you know what I mean. Ugh, that spoiled brat was working us to death and it was too much for us to handle anymore. I mean we're super heroes for pete's sake. Not a bunch of maids for him to carry his stuff around! And I had to be his personal head knocker too! How is that any fair?!" Duck companied while folding his arms grumpily. 

"Haha. Yeah, I've heard a lot about him. As far as I'm aware, he's still ruling that place too. Wouldn't you be glad to see him so soon." Pinkster joked with an honest laugh.

Duck made a disgust face with a classic expression of gagging and turned his head to the window, annoyed.

"Yeah well if I ever see that nuisance again, I'll know exactly what to saw to his face the next time he tries to order me around." Duck said in a irritated tone.

Pinkster then looks over at him and for the first time in a while, was actually smiling very warmly to him and not just because his scheme was starting to work either.

It was over something else.

Something... that he couldn't quite compute with or understand. 

 At least, not yet anyways with his plans to rule the universe and getting revenge on Duck all fall into place smoothly. 

Still though....there was somewhat a small smidge feeling in his heart that he might be able to identify with.

Regret.....no.

Guilt....maybe.

All he knows for sure, was that it was changing him at a much quicker rate than he thought.

 For better...

...Or to his worry, for worse.

——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-————-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-——-————