Chapter 14

As Ace, Rev and Lexi all look over at Pinkster, who was now unintentionally placed in the spotlight, they all furrow their eyebrows in anger. 

Seeing how HE was the reason why Duck was trapped in his endless cycle of rage in the first place, Ace slowly walked up to him. 

"Ace, don't." Lexi warned, but was too late as Ace quickly grabbed ahold of Pinkster and repeatedly punches him in the face until the poor pig wavered his hands vigorously in the air, pleading him to quit. 

His face, all purpled up with bruises and weary from the beats. 

So much, that he could now see stars and the pretty little birdies, floating above his head in a daze. 

"Ah! S....stop! I'm begging you!" Pinkster screamed. 

"Give me one good reason why I should spare your life before I throw you in with the 'sharks'" Ace said sternly, referring to the 'sharks' as prison. 

"B....because, I can tell you why Duck is behaving so oddly, b...but you're not going to like it." Pinkster explained, nervously. 

"Try me." Ace said, unmoved by Pinkster's cowardice. 

"Okay, b...but first, can you put me down, please?" Pinkster asked, showing a 'too big' grin with shinning teeth on his face. 

Ace rolled his eyes from Pinkster's overdoing expression and dropped him. 

"Ooof! Thanks" Pinkster said as he picked himself up from the ground and dusted off his limbs. 

"Now, talk." Ace said while crossing his arms, firmly. 

"Alright, alright...I begin to notice him acting strange recently when I got back from a quick phone call to my other colleagues, whom I guess you saw with their boss Deuce and...." Pinkster informed before he paused again and stopped until Ace, pressed him on. 

"Keep going" Ace added on as Pinkster took a deep breath and continued. 

"...I went to check on Duck, who apparently was outside our lair and.... the horror, I saw... I would never forget that look...." Pinkster said as he reeled forward with the story like a movie clip. 

*Author's note: start of flashback. 

Pinkster at the time was outside of the cave while calling out to Duck and walking towards him and Drake Sypher. 

"Duck! Sorry it took me so long I had to..." Pinkster said until he came to an abrupt stop as Duck turned around to face him with Drake smiling devilishly behind him.  

Pinkster's body begin to tremor in fear by the frightening appearance he was now seeing in front of him.  

Duck's face was paled up like a sheet and his eyes....dead and had turned sickly black like a demon draining the life out of him. 

Pinkster then, suddenly panicked in a heartbeat.  

"Ahhh! Duck! Duck, w...what wrong with you? Can you hear me?!" Pinkster asked Duck while gripping onto his shoulders and shaking him to get him to snap out of his sleep-like state, but no responses came.  

He only stood there, like a puppet tied to strings. 

"What did you do to him?!" Pinkster asked Drake while turning his head to his direction. 

Drake chuckled evilly as he softly pulls Duck away from Pinkster with his hand. 

"Relax Pinky, the kid was stressing out a lot so, I just simply made all of his worries go away in a snap and put him at ease. Now, he can excel his powers all he wants without a single care in the world." Drake said as he stood behind Duck while placing his hands onto his shoulders, like a father proud of his son's achievements.