Chapter 12

Jennie's POV

I stared at the void blankly while trying to process everything I've witnessed. My love is now happy with someone else.

"Jen," Chaeng called as she knocked on my room's door. We were led to each of our rooms shortly after Jisoo and Jin left. "We're getting dinner, do you want to come?"

I was supposed to respond but I really didn't have to power to do so. A few minutes has passed yet everything was quiet as Chaeng must've left already, knowing that I wanted to be alone for now.

My heart is delighted to see her lovely smile again but it's also breaking, knowing that she is happy with someone else. I smiled bitterly at the thought and soon, my tears were streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably as I clutched my aching heart, begging for the pain to stop.

But who exactly am I to beg? I deserve this pain. I've hurt her countless times yet here I am complaining for the price.

"I'm sorry, Chu."

***

The next day, I forced myself to get out of my room to join the others for breakfast, knowing that Jisoo will be there. We were sitting around the table at the corner of the restaurant when we heard Jisoo and Jin quarreling as they approached us.

"It was just a champagne, what are you so worked up for?!" Jin hissed as he followed Jisoo who is now sitting at the other end of the table. Jin pulled the chair next to her and sat quietly as Jisoo glared at him.

"I hate you," Jisoo calmly said before turning to us with her signature smile. "Good morning, guys!"

"Your wedding is in a few days but you're already fighting like that early morning. Hmm.. Fishy," Irene said, eyeing them with a small smirk.

"He forced me to drink alcohol," Jisoo straight up said, going back to her annoyed face. Sexy Chu is here, everyone.

"For the millionth time, Soo, that was only champagne. It was more like a juice than alcohol. Besides, you only took one sip, one sip, Soo!" Jisoo was about to retort but the server came to hand over our food, cutting the tension between the two.

"Thank you, sweetheart." Jisoo smiled sweetly at the server, stunning the lucky girl.

"Were you just flirting with her?!" Jin hissed when the server walked away, blushing madly at Jisoo's words, not to mention her lovely smile. I can't blame the server for blushing, I would've been worse if Jisoo ever smiled at me like that again. Ugh, what am I thinking?

"What? She was cute," Jisoo shrugged making everyone look at her in surprise. The Kim Jisoo who never flirts is sitting right here, flirting with other people while her fiancé is right beside her. Yup, totally 'not' surprising.

"You're an awful fiancé," Jin remarked, shaking his head before turning to his food.

"You're not so good yourself, Jin," Jisoo blankly replied. She took a bite of her chicken and smiled happily like it was the most delicious dish she had ever tasted. How can I stop myself from falling all over again if she keeps being so adorable?

"Eyes to yourself, Jen. We don't want her to melt." I was snapped out of my dreamland when Chaeng suddenly whispered to my ear. I spared her a glance and looked down, playing with my food as I already lost my appetite. Well, at least I still get to see her.

"So... How did you guys meet?" Irene asked, making everyone look at the couple, including me. Jisoo smiled at her sister, swallowing her food before speaking.

"I met him in LA," Jisoo began with a hint of hesitation in her voice. Jin seemed to notice her change of mood so he held her hand, making Jisoo look at him. Jin gave her a small nod then they both smiled at each other like a lovely couple. It breaks my heart to see her smile at other people like that but if Jin makes her happy, then who am I to intervene?