two

______________

Honey's POV

I honestly don't know whether this is a moment of bliss or a total disaster. As I explain to Namjoon who I am and why I am trying to protect him, the little ARMY living in my mind keeps popping out to squeal, and shout in excitement at seeing RM from the legendary BTS IN PERSON IN FRONT OF ME A.K.A HONEY. 

I mean, I was told I'd be working for a separate team at HYBE and I'd rarely get the chance to see or meet other trainees, but who even thought I'd run into Namjoon at the supermarket, or AT ALL? Okay, time to calm down and destress and handle this mess. 

"Namjoon-ssi, all I could think of was that I could make sure you sneak out of the aisle swiftly, but sasaengs can be harmful and I wouldn't want you to leave unprotected" I say, and then hesitantly add "It's a part of my job to ensure the safety of all artists within HYBE"

DUH! This is not just for HYBE but also for my ARMY fam and the ARMY within me - I cannot just leave him to the wolves like this. But I say whatever I have to in order to make sure he knows he can trust me. 

He nods, reads the contract on my phone once again, and hands me my phone. As he looks around in deep thought, I hold my breath in anticipation. Does he trust me? Will he let me protect him? And more than anything else, how do I protect him AND myself?

"Okay, I trust you, Manager-nim" he finally replies in a deep, warm tone. And for once, I want GOD to help me forget that I am a single ARMY who is totally at the behest of this deep-voiced, gorgeous, tall man, and instead, help me focus on how to help him.   

"You are right" he looks down into my eyes as he speaks due to the height difference. "It will be impossible for me to sneak away because that could be risky considering they know I am here. It will be hard to protect your identity as well if you help me out. Let me try calling my manager - he is outside and help the situation" he says as he takes out his phone. 

"Yes, let's do that. I'll look around and make sure no one suspicious enters the aisle. In the meantime, could you cover yourself with a mask? It'll be better since people that don't know you're here wouldn't suspect a thing" I tell him while looking around. 

"I actually was wearing a mask as I entered but.." he stops looking at his phone and looks at me all guilty. "I saw a man carrying Kal-guksu (Korean Glass Noodles) food samples... and I couldn't resist taking off my mask and trying" he looks at me with his big eyes as he says this. 

Ahh, Namjoon why do you have to be so adorable while saying that? I control my inner ARMY and laugh casually as I say "It's okay Namjoon-ssi, if it's food, it's always okay" I click my fingers at him. He smiles at the gesture and starts dialing his manager's number. 

All this talk of kal-guksu...it's making me hungry. I suddenly remember my abandoned cart, and turn around to walk towards it when I see two phone on selfie sticks peeking out from the far-end of the aisle...watching and monitoring us. 

This is really bad. I suddenly turn back around and sprint towards Namjoon, scaring him and causing him to drop his phone. I pick it up and see that his manager is on the line. 

"BTS' Manager-nim, this is Honey - a new employee at HYBE. There are a couple of sasaengs in the store and they have been recording us. I plan on making a run for it with Namjoon-ssi. Any quick suggestions you have?" I blurt out the details without taking a breath. 

A calm voice speaks at the other side. "Yes, no bodyguards are present with us currently, and we only have the driver and you aside from myself to protect him. Make sure to hide both of your faces and keep a distance from the sasaengs. We are in front of the market" I nod, determinedly, as I hear him hang up.