My Wife

" Should I do a winged one or a fishtail" the make-up artist asked me.

" Do whatever you like" I replied monotonously.

Its not like I am marrying the man of my dream, so it doesn't matter how I look.

" Shivani, Oh my god you look so beautiful, and your lehenga is so pretty" Diksha, my friend shrieked.

" I remember how during school days, you used to say your gonna wear Sabyasachi lehenga in your wedding, and look it's just your engagement and you are wearing one" Diksha said with a big smile.

" Thanks Dee, Arjun's family got it for me" I replied.

" Oh ho, Jiju gave it you haa?"

Jiju, yuck.

Girls, if you are ready then let's go or else we will be late, I heard my mother voice.
We went out and, Mom, had tears in her eyes.

"Oh God, you look so hideous that seeing you even mom cried" hari said.

I was about to kick her ass when mom said she wanted to speak with me. Alone.

"Ani, I know this is tough for you. This isn't the kind of wedding you wanted, but beta I want you to give your marriage a chance" Mom said and she left.

I thought about what mom said and realised that I'm gonna be married to this guy for the rest of my life. So rather than fighting and trying to kill him my whole life, I could live a beautiful life.

And I decided I'm going to give Arjun Mehra a chance.

Reaching the venue, I saw all my relatives and friends there. Since we would be having our reception in Delhi, my parents wanted the engagement to happen in Kerala.

I just smiled at everyone and went to the Dias.
I was climbing the steps and was struggling to keep my lehenga in place when I saw somebody extending their hand.

How sweet.

I gave him my hand and looked up to see Arjun there. He was wearing a white suit.

Eew, who wears a suit to their own engagement.

This man has no fashion sense.

*but doesn't he look handsome*

STOP IT !!

I just gave him a small smile and stood beside him.

" Hey" came a voice and I turned around to see Rahul there. I hugged him.

" Did Nihal came" I asked eagerly.

Rahul just gave me apologetic look.

When I told Nihal about the wedding and the situation I was in, he was really angry. He told me to cancel the wedding and when I told him I can't do that, he was even more pissed.

I had asked him to come to the engagement, but he clearly said a No. He said he won't be here to see me making a complete mess of my life.