The bird [dark!Jake x MC]

Second part of "The foolish girl"
___________

You've been like this from the very beginning. To take risks, to rush into the center of events, not caring about the danger. You agree without hesitation to look for an unknown girl, trust a stranger from the network, ignore threats and just laugh when a gun is pointed at you.

'Who said I'm going to leave?', huh?

You're not fool. No. You're completely nuts.

You don't care about your own safety, this is what you will sacrifice for others in the first place. I... I can protect you from everything, little bird. Even if you don't want to.

I run my hand along the wall, looking for the activator of the created design - a flashlight aimed at an ancient cell lights up with a dim light. I am lucky that Duskwood is an old town with old secrets.

You're brave, my little bird, my Raven. You wave your hand, smile:

"Hello, faceless gentleman!"

But your feathers tremble every time I enter the cell. I can see you squeezing the strands of Hannah's hair more tightly than before, as she dozed off on your lap. She shudders, but is still asleep.

I put a bag of necessary things on the stone floor and go to your mattress - I tried to arrange this place, because I still don't need you to die here. Neither of you is to blame for this story, nor for what happened before.

"Hello, bird," I smile, squatting down next to it. "How are you feeling?"

"As great as possible in such a situation," you look around the cell. I laugh hoarsely, run my hand over your cheek, almost touch your lips with my fingers when you grab my hand. A strong bird, surely there will be traces. "Jake? Maybe you will already become a normal main villain from the movies and tell us about your plans?"

"A villain?" I smile, freeing myself from your grip. "No, I am far from a villain. Maybe an antihero."

"Maybe then it's not too late to fix everything?"

I was startled by the sound of that voice. I was sure that Hannah was asleep, but now she put her hands on my knee and looked into my eyes. I can't, I just can't stand it - I close my eyes. Those eyes of hers...

"Jake, tell us everything. Perhaps we can understand you."

"Hannah..."

"Faceless Jake, we want to understand you and help you fix everything. You haven't gone too far, have you?"

I smile, stroke Hannah's hair, and remove her hands. I don't have time for you right now, dear sister, we'll talk later.

"Maybe yes, maybe no, but I don't need your understanding. I don't want to hurt you, Hannah, but Nathan will suffer in this unknown for what he did."

"And what about me?"

I turn toward the voice. Raven stares at me, frowning. Now she doesn't look so confident. It's even a pity.

"You... A special person, Raven," I turn to you again, look into your eyes. No, I am drowning in them... "The person I want to protect from all this."

"But if I don't need your protection?"

You ask it so calmly and quietly, looks at me intently. A little bird. Brave, as always. I smile.

"Did I ask you?"

You flinch, but suddenly you smile too.

"You're right. I'm just a naive fool who gets into trouble with an enviable frequency" you look me in the eye so honestly. "And I need your care," you put your hands on my cheeks. "Will you show me how you can take care of me?"

Your hands come down on my shoulders, you put a little pressure on them - I lose balance and fall on you. So soft, so warm... My little bird. If you only knew how tired I am. I snuggle closer to you, close my eyes. I hear the pounding of your heart and the creaking of the cell door. I turn around - Hannah has slipped out of the cell and is now running through the dungeon. Rage fills every cell of the body. You couldn't make it all up. You couldn't!

"Jake... ple...please..."

Your quiet wheezing literally brings back consciousness. I am sitting on your thighs, squeezing your throat. There are tears in your reddened eyes. I pull my hands away, stand up. I lean my forehead against the wall.

"I told Hannah who you are. And she won't tell them anything," you croak.

"You should go, too. I can't protect you. I am a monster, Raven."

I only destroy everything I touch. And I am waiting for a new creak of the door. Fly away, little bird. Fly away while you can. You have to leave the monster in his nightmare.

But you... You hug my back, close the feathers on my chest. So soft, so warm. My little bird.

"Who told you I was going to leave?"

"No?.."

"Nah. Instead," you pull away, pulling on my hoodie until we both fall on the mattress, - come on, babe Jake, tell me what's bothering you.

You're lying next to me and stroking my hair. Even now, knowing that there is a monster in front of you, you just sit and pet him like a stray kitten.

"You're so weird, Raven."

And we are really worth each other. You're wrong, I am broken. You are dependent (on me), I am fixated (on you). We are two beings who should not have met. We break each other even more. I wouldn't have let Hannah escape without you. Without me, you... You'd be happy, wouldn't you? I just poisoned you once with my existence.

"Jake?"

I look up - you touch your lips to mine.

"I like be poisoned, Jake."