chapter 1

..what?

Lynxstar thought to herself as voices swirled around in her head, they weren't her own. each voice was different, belonging to someone else.

save them, save the clans. they're coming, the flesh-eaters will be here soon. run! get away from the clan territories

Lynxstar!! it's all his fault, he was never meant to be born.. kill him to reverse this

Lynxstars eyes shot open as she let out a quiet gasp, her chest was rising and falling repeatedly as her heart thundered in her chest.

"what was that..?" suddenly she perked up, taking the chance to examine her surroundings as she realized she was in shadowclans medicine cat den.

"..huh?" Lynxstar mewed, bewildered.

a voice suddenly spoke up, snarky and feminine. "two kittypets brought you into camp but you were unconscious—"

Nettlepatch meowed sharply, twirling dock leaves between her claws.

"we were going to drive them out but they insisted we wait until you woke up to explain the situation."

Lynxstar sunk back down into her nest with an exhausted sigh. "oh.. where are they now?"

Nettlepatch paused, looking over her shoulder at Lynxstar.

"the elders den, we turned it into a makeshift prisoners den. it's not like we have any elders." it almost sounded like she was sulking.

"i saw something Nettlepatch. something terrible.." the white she-cat slowly nodded, tilting her head back with a sigh.

"i received a prophecy from starclan right after you left camp, bloody creatures were everywhere. eating each other, groaning and snarling.."

"their bodies were decomposing and their eyes.. they were lifeless and a white foggy color." Nettlepatch shivered uneasily, something that rarely happened.

"starclan whispered things to me, i think those things will bring us harm. no, not just us, the clans as we know it will cease to exist because of those things."

"flesh-eaters.."
Nettlepatch blinked. "hm?"

Lynxstar frowned with a small shrug of her shoulders. "starclan talked to me as well, while i was unconscious. they called those things flesh-eaters."

Nettlepatch snorted. "flesh-eaters? i guess that would explain them eating almost anything, even their own species."

the medicine cat shifted her weight from one paw to the other, seemingly thinking about something.

"..we have to leave." she meowed.

"what?" Lynxstar questioned, caught off-guard.
Nettlepatch suddenly snapped at her. "we have to leave. it's not safe here anymore."

Lynxstar was taken aback by the medicine cats sudden change in demeanor and she quickly rose to her paws.

this however caused bile to rise up in her throat as she became nauseous, immediately laying back down.

"Nettlepatch, i understand you're scared. i'm scared too! but we've lived in this territory for generations, so have our ancestors, we can't just leave!" Lynxstar urged.

Nettlepatch shook her head with a snarl. "so you're saying we should stay here and die just because your ancestors lived here? this is the thing about you clan-cats—"

she inhaled sharply, green eyes sharp and unwavering.

"you're all so obsessed with your territories that you push aside the fact you'll get killed if you hold onto it! just let it go!"