chapter 3

Lynxstar flicked her tail, beckoning for the group of cats behind her to dart across the thunderpath after her.

i didn't feel any movement at all when i crossed the thunderpath, it's like the monsters all died after the flesh-eaters came along

her gaze hardened as she spotted a flipped over monster far down the thunderpath.

it's eyes were dark with smoke billowing out of them and there were bloody twoleg paw-prints all over it.

not far was a twoleg flesh-eater missing its legs as it dragged itself across the thunderpath.

what i wouldn't do to have the monsters back.. they were far more tolerable than these hideous flesh-eaters

she scowled as Nettlepatch pulled up beside her. the medicine cat carrying a bundle of herbs in her mouth.

after what remained of the clan-cats ate their share of fresh-kill they had tossed the remains down below before venturing away from the safety of the trees.

the rotting prey should've attracted the flesh-eaters enough for them to get a few feet away before they began roaming again.

this led up to now.

in order to escape from the clan territories they had to get through either the moor or twolegplace.

they all agreed the twolegplace seemed safer than the overrun windclan moor so they were slowly making their way to twolegplace.

Lynxstar nervously looked around, there were corpses everywhere. the grass was stained with dried blood and some of the fences were knocked down.

Nettlepatch calmly eyed the area and Lynxstar felt a surge of pride. her clan was gifted with the best medicine cat of all.

thunderclans medicine cat, Finchstep was cowering beside Fallenstar and his apprentice Mudpaw stuck close to his side.

the usually snappy and sharp-tongued medicine cat apprentice stayed silent for once.

riverclans medicine cat, Glacier was muttering comforting words to his apprentice, Blizzardpaw.

the experienced medicine cat was a former rogue that Frostedstar took pity on.

Blizzardpaw was staring hollowly ahead, seemingly lost in his own world.

Blackcloud, windclans medicine cat was still in an unstable state of mind, she was constantly whimpering her deceased apprentices name or talking to someone that wasn't truly there.

she was frail and her bones jutted out of her fur. the black and white she-cat hadn't been able to eat anything and keep it down after the news of her apprentice.

her eyes were sunken in from the lack of sleep she had gotten, Gorsestar was the only one able to get her to take a small nap here and there.

lastly was skyclans medicine cats. Wrenfeather and her apprentice Galepaw.

the siamese apprentice was a sight to behold with her unique fur pattern while Wrenfeather was more known for her sweet and caring personality.

the two were quiet as they trekked after their clan-mates, heads ducked as they whispered to each other. Nettlepatch was the only stable medicine cat at the moment.

the white medicine cat huffed through the herbs. "i swear if i see another goddamn flesh-eater i'll personally stain my fur to murder it."

Galepaw piped up. "me too. we can't run away from them forever, can we?" she looked around at the cats around her.