Hannah Friedman

The recess bell rang at Rhode Elementary. It was a warm June day, and for the first time ever, Rhode Junior High was having an outdoor recess. "Class, we are having outdoor recess today!" said the 6F home room teacher, Mrs. Ford, "Everybody go on out to the front lawn." Everybody but Hannah ran outside. "Hannah, didn't you hear me?" said Mrs. Ford, "I said you have an outdoor recess today." "I don't want an outdoor recess," said Hannah. "Well, you still have to go out," Mrs. Ford said. "I can't go out," Hannah said. "Why not?" asked Mrs. Ford. "There are bugs outside," Hannah said, fearful. "Goodness! There are no bugs!" Mrs. Ford dragged Hannah outdoors. Hannah threw a huge fit when she was taken outdoors and ran all the way home, where she knew there would be no bugs. She burst into her house screaming. "Oh my goodness, what's the matter?" Mrs. Friedman asked Hannah. "Mrs. Ford took me to the front lawn!" cried Hannah. She ran into the shower to get rid of all the bugs and insects that might have been on her. Her mother sighed. "You can't do this every time there is an outdoor recess, Hannah," Mrs. Friedman said, "You're going back to school right now." "NO!" screamed Hannah, "I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO SCHOOL!" "Woah, calm down," Mrs. Friedman said, "I'm taking you to a psychologist." Mrs. Friedman called Rhode Elementary to apologize about Hannah's unacceptable behavior and then drove Hannah to the nearest psychologist, Dr. Lonel. "Hi!" said Dr. Lonel, "I'm Dr. Lonel." Dr. Lonel got Hannah to tell him about her fear of insects and bugs, and then Dr. Lonel had a private talk with Mrs. Friedman. "It is time," he told her, "we send Hannah to The School of Fear."