08.

The blinding light slowly made its way through Heejin's window waking her up.

Rubbing her eyes she slowly sat up feeling pain shoot throughout her body.

Groaning a little she decided to attempt to get ready for the day and start thinking of ways to leave this place of so called safety.

Making her way to her items she got everything she needed at got ready.

Pulling her hood over her head she headed out her room slowly, making sure she saw no one near she went for the exit.

Making it down the stairs was a tough task, every step she took pain overwhelmed her body.

Making it down the last step of many she made her way to the door, pushing it open was once again another hard task to do but she did it eventually.

Making her way down the streets of District Nine, Heejin, could feel stares her way. Yet with her hood up she couldn't see them.

Sticking her earbuds in her ears she played music loudly to drown out any other noise and continued walking.

She retraced her steps to the front gate of District Nine and just stared at it.

Heejin stood there staring until she felt a tap on her shoulder. Quickly she took our her earbuds and turned to the person.

She was met with a smiley Jisung.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" he asked her.

"No, I'm fine" she said lowly and turned to walk away from the boy.

He grabbed her wrist and turned her back to him.

"I don't think you're fine, you have scratches on your face and look in pain" he pressed again.

"I'm fine, I'm not in pain" that was a lie she definitely was in pain.

"Hm I don't believe you but okay!" he then stood there holding onto Heejin's wrist, it looked like he was thinking of what to say next.

"Uh are you going to let go?" Heejin questioned.

"Oh huh, yeah, sorry" Jisung was quick to let go of her wrist.

Heejin didn't say anything she just started walking away, not knowing where she was going. Just not near him. But that didn't seem to work as it seemed like he was now following her.

"Where are you off to?" Jisung questioned the girl.

"I don't know" was her answer.

"Okay, why were you staring at the gate?" he asked another question.

"I also don't know" she answered staring forward.

As they walked in silence there were once again stares shoved their way. Whispers could be heard between all the residences of District Nine.