Chap. 28: Legendary

The next day, I didn't go to Rairai-ten. I went to Moriya Shrine and well...uh...

FLASHBACK TO 1 AM

"TODAY'S A BANQUET!!!"

"YEEAAAAAH!!!"

"God, how did this happen," I said.

"Come on, have some fun!" Alice Margatroid, who was sitting to the side of me said.

"I was keeping a promise that I'll be in Rairai-ten...but I guess this is a little better than ramen..."

Yes. I don't necessarily like ramen. I sometimes wonder why Danchou can eat it after school almost every day...

Current time: 7 pm ←!???!??!???

I was drinking warm water settling into the calm aura of right now.

The Komeiji residence left already, and the Youkai Mountain's Youkai was pretty dead after getting sabotaged with sake from the gods and ogres.

The only one who was awake was the Moriya gods and Yuugi. The others were sleeping drunk.

Well of course I'm alive after mistakenly drinking the regular sake instead of my personal sake.

"Should we call it a night?" Yuugi asked.

"Bro, we literally drank till day and night," I answered.

"...I'll take that as a no."

"Wait, WHAT????"

So the Komeiji residence came again and we held a second party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oof, my head..." I muttered as I went to the river bank.

"Oh hey, Hime-san!" Aki said, "Why weren't you here at Rairai-ten yesterday?"

"Eeh...my friends dragged me to a banquet that had two parties"

"Oh..."

"Can I rest today?"

"Sure"

I started to wear an eyepatch rather than a blindfold cause it's easier to see.

I stared at the match with half-lidded eyes, close to closing them.

"Hime! Go up!" Danchou said.

"Yare yare..." I answered as a cup (see chap. 24) with warm water fell into my hands. I drank a little of it and passed it to Aki.

"Can you hold this for me?"

"Um, what's in it?"

"Warm water...possibly with a little detox and energy drink..."

"O...K...?"

The match resumed with me on the goalie.

My vision was still a little blurry and I squinted my eyes. I still had my headaches.

"'Cross Drive'!"

"Unzan!"

Unzan caught it, but he told me that it hurt. I caressed his palm nonetheless.

I drank the warm water again and started to get serious.

A fire bird-looking shoot came to me.

"'Gensou the Hand'!" I shouted. I was able to deflect the shoot, but 'Gensou the Hand' broke.

I stared at the first people who were able to break 'Gensou the Hand'.

We did a time-out and saw the Hissatsu.

I switched places from GK to MF. I still had my headaches, but I supported the Hissatsu.

I caught both of them with Unzan and checked if they were ok.

The original 'Honoo no Kazamidori' came in and I noticed something.

A splendid sight I thought as the Hissatsu completed and glowed through the sky.