↳ 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐈

the loud bell chimed 12. ranboo and coraline's feet ached from dancing. with smiles on their faces, they sat on the stone of the balcony floor.

the two sat in silence, taking in the sight of the constellations, something ranboo learned in his schoolings.

his breath hitched. the constellation of Hydra sat ever so present in the sky. along its back was Corvus and Crater. he looked to his left, taking in the features of coraline. his gaze moved to a glinting metal on her thigh, that sat ever so slightly underneath her mauve dress.

the ruby encrusted blade glimmered under the moonlight.

he jumped to his feet, "you—you're going to kill me!"

coraline looked up to the panicked boy with calm eyes, directly opposing ranboo's own. "what makes you think of that, your highness?"

he swiftly pointed to the dagger, "th—that! the da—dagger! its just like my mother! f—father let her dance with the noblemen and she w—was found d—dead!"

she looked to her own thigh, a sigh of amusement escaping her. she slid the dagger from the two knots of ribbon that held it against her skin. "this thing?" she held it carefully, and in the least threatening way possible (though, the young prince still flinched), "it's for defense, i've been particularly paranoid recently." her words trailed as she looked to the sky, "you must see Hydra and it's passengers too, don't you?"

ranboo looked back to the three conjoined constellations, those that held the meaning of death. he wanted to distrust her. he wanted to yell and scream for help from the guards, but something about this girl made it impossible to do so.

𓁋 ' , —

she was lying straight through her teeth, and somehow was getting away with it. the young, naïve prince nodded a quick apology for doubting her as he sat back down.

"so," coraline quickly changed the topic, "isn't this grand ball for you? what are you doing out here, alone with me?"

he looked down quickly, a purple tint flushing upon his face. "this ball is for me to—" he stuttered on his words, "—uhm, find myself a maiden—a future bride is what my father says..."

coraline nodded along, "so why aren't you looking?"

the hybrid looked to the overworld girl, "i was hoping i already found her."

thats it. she could do it now.

forcing a blush onto her face, coraline slowly leaned in, ranboo following along. her hand brushed against her own thigh, along the soft metal of her dagger.

ranboo's eyes fluttered shut as he got closer, only to open widely at the loud crash from down the hall. coraline quickly removed her hand from her thigh.

"what was that?" the prince rushed to his feet once more.

a loud yell came from the ballroom, echoing down to the balcony.

"PIGLINS! PIGLINS IN THE CASTEL!"

a guard had shouted, hoping to alert everyone in the vastly grand endstone palace. ranboo's feet were glued in place, terror rushing through his body. coraline quickly grabbed the hand of the hybrid.

"come!" she quickly led them back into the castle, only to be surrounded by swine on both ends of the hall. "SHIT!" she quickly dragged ranboo back onto the balcony. "the doors! help me close them!"

the two unlatched the metal from its hold, then, using all of their strength, closed the obnoxiously large wooden doors. the clicking of hooves against the purpur tile only got closer.

with a loud thud of the doors, and a click of the lock, the two stepped back and panted.

"wh—what do we do?" ranboo looked to coraline, who was tying her hair up with one of the ribbons that used to hold her dagger against her thigh.

"we fucking run, that's what!" she yelled, trying to not get drowned out by the pounding on the door.

"run where?" he looked down. below the balcony was nothing but vast forests.

coraline only let out a rough sigh, and held the dagger firmly in her dominant hand. she pressed the blade against the skirt of her dress, slightly above her knee, and cut the cloth, allowing her legs more movement.

she took the cloth again and hastily cut it into strips. she then tied them together, before tying it to the balcony's bannister.

"okay, there we go," she let the cloth fall down. it was still a good 9 feet above the ground, but it would have to do. "do you want to go first, or me?"

ranboo's breath caught in his throat, "i—uhm—"

"okay, here, i'll go on down first," coraline looked up to the boy towering above her, carefully cupping his cheek, "watch me, and try to copy what i do."

his face went warm under her touch. his gaze was fixated on her as she hopped over the railing, standing carefully along the edge. her hands gripped the cloth that was once a part of her dress, and then she jumped.

ranboo's heart caught in his throat as he watched her fall. he rushed to the bannister, peering over into the darkness. the knots held strong, and the cloth showed no signs of ripping. at the bottom of the makeshift rope was coraline, safe, and jumping off onto the soft soil. she caught herself along the landing as she rolled, distributing the impact along her body.

she looked up at ranboo, who still held a face of shock, "do you think you're going to be able to do that?"

he nodded slightly, unsure of himself. he hopped over the banister, and stood along the edge. he gripped the mauve fabric as he trembled in fear.

"just hold the cloth lightly and let yourself slide! try to catch yourself a few feet above the end!" coraline shouted.

the banging on the door only got louder and louder until it broke open. ranboo looked up to the brute piglins in fear.

"shit! ranboo! fucking jump!"

with one last look at the piglins, as they slowly began to stomp over, he held his breath, and let himself fall.