↳ 𝐚 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

hello :)
i wanted to get back into the feel of writing so might as well do that with a one shot
i also wanted to do some stuff for ranboo's 1 year of streaming ! :D
njoy

❦ ' , —

the soft haze of the morning sun crept through the windows, pouring into the room. a light aura of chilly air surrounded coraline's skin as she slowly sat up from the couch. blankets slipped off of her shoulders and onto her lap.

"morning sleepyhead," she whipped around to the voice. ranboo sat in his desk chair, elbows on his knees as his hands supported his chin. a smile sat plastered along his face, look of adoration painted in his eyes.

coraline rubbed her eyes, humming, "mmn... morning."

the loud stomping of feet descending down the stairs, emerging tubbo from the doorway. in his hands held a small gift-wrapped box.

"oh, she's up," he laughed, "took you long enough."

coraline scrunched her nose and flipped tubbo off while he made his way to ranboo.

"for you, good sir," he passed along the box.

"what's the occasion?" the girl stood up, making her way to her boyfriend. she gave him a soft kiss on the cheek before standing behind him, her arms wrapped around his neck lovingly.

"coraline!" tubbo gasped, a heart clutching his chest, "you don't know? what an awful girlfriend you are" he sniffled, and proceeded to wipe a fake tear from his eye.

ranboo shook his head, "no, its not a big deal," he laughed a small bit. "besides, she just woke up, give her a break."

coraline sat for a moment, wracking through every possible event that it could be, before landing one. her eyes lit up. "oh! oh my god!" she spun ranboo's chair around to face her. she cupped his cheeks and kissed him eagerly. "its your one year! holy shit!"

tubbo groaned loudly as the couple giddily peppered kisses on each other's faces. "enough of your gross-romantic-bullshit. open my present."

❦ ' , —

a day of celebration, streaming, and basic buffoonery passed by as quick as it came. tommy had dropped by to celebrate, adding an extra dash of chaos to an already chaos-filled day.

now, the 4 best friends sat on the couch of tubbo's house, an abandoned game of mario party sitting idly on the tv.

"RANBOO!" tommy yelled, "truth or dare!"

coraline snorted, "what are we? 13?"

"shut up!" retorted the blonde teenager, "we're playing truth or dare! ranboo answer my damn question."

with a chuckle, the tall boy muttered a "truth", causing tommy to mutter various swears.

"fuckin' pussy," he paused to think, "uhm... whats the grossest thing you've done?"

coraline snorted, already having an answer in her kind. a playful slap was thrown across her arm.

"probably the time i knowingly ate a rice crispy treat with sand in it." he replied, nonchalantly.

"WRONG!" coraline butted in once again, "it was when you drank the duck lake water."

"WHEN I DID WHAT?"

"ON OUR FIRST DATE WHEN YOU WENT TO THE PARK'S BATHROOM I POURED SOME LAKE WATER INTO YOUR TEA."

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT?"

"I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUNNY!"

"I GOT SICK!"

"AND? YOU DRANK FUNNY LAKE WATER!"

❦ ' , —

the two rest comfortably on the air mattress in the loft. ranboo's hand intertwined with coraline's black and pink locks, their legs doing much of the same entangling.

a soft hum from coraline lulled the two to a state of comfort and peace. "happy one year of streaming, pretty boy," her words muffled as she spoke into the boy's chest.

ranboo laughed lightly into her hair "i couldn't have gone this long without you."

the idea of the two being apart was just an alternate story, but perhaps the main plot of their existence. though for now, they sit in a comfortable silence, enjoying their reality.