Wishful Thinking

Comment and vote if you like (but know that I get inspired by reading what you think about the story so there's that so please don't be shy)

Have fun reading!

//

I didn't know how I got to the place without wrecking Jisoo's favorite car or how many traffic laws I violated on my way there. My head was still slightly pounding and my eyes wanted to close yet I powered on and bit the insides of my cheeks until they were bleeding just to keep me awake.

When I saw the stylish building and the blaring neon sign, I parked the car near the entrance and threw the key to a valet boy who was slightly dozing off.

With every step I took, fear started to creep in and the cold seemed unbearable that I had to pull my coat tighter. To take my mind off the inevitable, I fished for my phone into one of the pockets and typed a message to Jisoo. I had just pressed send when my phone rang, indicating that she was waiting for any sign from me.

"Jennie?!" The background music was too loud so I wait for her to find a better place and when it was relatively quieter, Jisoo spoke again. "Holy shit, Jennie Kim! Where are you?!"

Despite the aggressiveness, I hinted that she was slightly relieved from receiving a text from me and that her voice was overflowing with concern.

"Hey, Chu. I'm fine. I'm fine."

"Where are you?"

Ignoring her question, I stepped inside the elevator and pressed the floor number. "I'll return your car tomorrow, okay? And don't worry about how you'll get home. I called Mr. Lim so he can pick you up when you're ready to go. Call or text him, okay?"

"Jennie." She sighed but didn't continue what she was about to say. She knew better than to keep pressing me with questions I wouldn't even answer. "Keep safe, okay? Call me when you get home."

I nodded even though she can't see me and ended the call when the elevator dinged open. What greeted me was a luxurious space and it seemed very private since there weren't much people around.

It had dark walls, aged wood, a very few patrons whose bank accounts could make someone drool and there was a very spacious dance floor in the middle and a DJ booth not far from it. I knew these type of places and the kinds of people who lurked here so I was glad that I arrived before anything happened.

My eyes started to scan the place and I drew in a breath when it landed on avery familiar mop of hair. It seemed likey feet have its own brain because even if I wanted to take my time before I have to face her again, it strutted with such large steps towards the slumped body.

I breathed a sigh of relief involuntarily at the sight of the unconscious yet unseeminly unhurt girl. I turned to the man who was a table away from Lisa and who was eyeing me while I was approaching.

"Excuse me," I said to the man who trained his eyes on me.

"Are you the one who called?"

"Yes, I am." I bowed. "Good evening. I'm the one who'll pick up-" I paused and gestured to the woman sleeping peacefully on the table. "Her. I hope she didn't trouble you too much?"

His face broke into a fatherly smile. "No, no. Not at all! Though she kept rambling about a name I couldn't hear properly. Is it you?"

"I-" I gulped. "Yes. I apologize for taking your time sir. Do you mind if I give you something in return?"