Your Name

It took me seconds before I could reply. "What?"

The hesitation was evident and she probably sensed it so she dismissed me and took three steps backward. "Nevermind. Shoo. Go. Go away." she cooed like she's talking to a little child but then, her eyes looked down on her shoes and I heard a soft sigh escape her lips.

I felt a small tug on my heart and with this, I stood firm and shook my head. I glanced at my watch again and thought that I could probably lose some stress or something. Get my mind off things for a while by taking a walk or a drive.

I offered her my hand and she dumbly looked at it. "Take it."

Her eyes darted from my hand to my face and innocently asked, "Huh?"

"It's your ticket away from here."

Her eyes lit up upon realizing what I meant and she quickly held it and pulled me towards my car.

I grinned while watching her back and almost collided with her when she abruptly stopped walking.

"Wait," she released her grip on my hand and sighed. "It's okay. You can go home," she says dejected.

It was my time to dumbly stare at her and she smiled sadly, "You've been glancing at your watch ever since we came here so I guess, you're rushing home. Go. It's okay."

Ah, I guess she thought I wasn't up to whatever she wants to do since she's been dragging or pulling me instead of me, showing the same excitement she has.

I studied her face. She's trying to smile too much that it's turning out to be a grimace. To assure her that I approve of her plan, I started removing my watch from my wrist and grabbed her hand then motioned her to continue walking.

"Let's go," I urged her with a small smile on my lips.

Her eyes stared into mine, upon realizing I'm serious, her face literally lit up. "You're not going home?"

"I told you, my hand would be your ticket away from here." I winked at her. Her grin grew wider and it became a smile brighter than the street we're walking on. Her hand squeezed mine slightly which made me warm inside.

That feels nice.

Warmth.

"Where do you want to go? A cliff?"

She scoffed at what I said and mumbled a small no. "The city. I want to go to the city."

I opened the car door for her and assisted her so that she wouldn't bump her head on the car's frame. She gave me a grateful smile before I jogged towards the driver's seat.

I also got in and secured my seatbelt. When I looked at her, she's already strapped in place.

"But we're already in the city," I noted before turning on my car.

"No. I mean, yes but could you take me to the most crowded place here?"

I thought for a while to where should I bring her but I couldn't think of any place that fits her description.

She noticed my growing silence and asks, "Can't think of anything?"

I turned off the engine, unbuckled my seatbelt, and I did the same to hers and stepped out of my car.

"Where are you going?" Her voice was a little panicky but she followed my suit of walking away from the vehicle.

"Let's walk instead."

I looked up to the night sky and it looked clear so I sighed in relief, realizing that it won't rain.

Thank gods, these flats are new and they are fucking expensive.