Sonic the Hedgehog (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Psychological Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - Artwork is illustrated by Yui Karasuno and from the Sonic Channel's social media.

───────────────────────────────────────

Platonic:

Sonic thrives on the failings of others, using the inevitable tensions and conflicts that mar his friend's relationships as an excuse to accentuate his heroism. He waits for the additional people in their life to make a mistake before asserting his supposed immunity to the same flaws. If they test his patience, Sonic reminds them of all the times when their family and friends disappointed them in some way.

He wishes to be the hero in every situation, even those that do not call for assistance or gallantry. The tiniest injustice is exaggerated to permit his overzealous methods of resolving the issue. Decades of arduous fighting, where the fates of entire worlds and universes are in question, have eroded Sonic's faith in the value of inaction and made him perceptive to the emotional shifts of comrades. He has a habit of pursuing solutions without the consent of his friend.

Romantic:

Regardless of the chaos that it spurs, Sonic is indifferent to the extremes of his behaviour. The covert hostility towards his partner's friends is a mercy compared to his destruction of Eggman's robots, and the loss of relationships outside of Sonic and select allies is collateral damage. Remembering various instances of him ignoring their concerns is a sign that they are living in the past and need to adopt a more easygoing approach that is not unlike his own.

Tails is apt to recognize the situation, but Sonic promises that his actions stem from a place of compassion and necessity. While the criticisms of opponents are dismissed as mind games, Sonic takes emphatic and constant efforts to assure his team that the courtship is mutually beneficial. Amy's knowledge of his partner is limited to vague remarks from her colleagues until she finds them when Sonic is away on a mission and suspects the true nature of the relationship.