Chapter 6

"Who is that?" Jin looked behind and saw Areum was walking towards him. He was about to answer her but his eyes suddenly got fixed on her stick. It was bending and not straight. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What happened to your stick?" Areum stopped walking and looked lost. She gulped.

"I.. Don’t know. What happened? I can't see it." Jin sighed.

"It's not..straight."

"Ahh.. Maybe because i accidentally hit it on my chair."

Jin widened his eyes a little bit.
"Your chair? Are you okay? You're not stumbling or something aren't you?" Areum suddenly chuckled made he confused.

"No I'm not. Don't worry." Jin slowly nodded his head and turned his body to the kitchen bar and started to cook.

"What are you going to do?" Areum asked as her hands roaming around, just to find a seat.

"Kimchi fried rice." Jin answered while his eyes were on the ingredients.

Areum nodded her head.
Jin was cutting the vegetables but got distracted by his phone. He sighed annoyingly and answered the call.

"What do you want?!" He yelled as he thought the person was one of his friends. Areum flinched upon hearing his voice.

"I-It's me, sir." The voice sounds trembled on the phone. Jin blinked his eyes and cleared his throat.

"Ah you. What happened?"

"It's about Ji Jun Shi." Jin gasped. He turned to look at Areum.

"We will talk about this later. I will call you back." Jin said and ended the call. He felt so curious about the man who lied to him about this house. Why would he? When Areum was still living here. He shook his head and continued to cook.

"It smells delicious." Areum said with a slight smile on her face. Jin smirked.

"Of course it is. It's my dish. No one ever said my food is bad." Areum chuckled.

"Ah really? Good to hear that you're a good chef." Jin laughed as he felt so proud by her compliment.

"Of course. Sometimes i thought of opening a grand cafe or maybe restaurant but maybe not. My destiny is to become a CEO." Areum smiled as she nodded her head, listening to every Jin's words.

"Do you have any siblings?" Areum asked.

"Yes. I have a brother." Areum nodded her head.

"Is he a CEO too?"
"No he's not. He has a restaurant." Areum gasped.

"Really? I think all of your family members know how to cook. That's great! I envy you." Jin smiled.

"Why?" He asked as he put all the ingredients together on a pan.

"I don't know how to cook. It will become disaster." She said with a pout was visible on her face.

"Really? You really don't know?" Areum nodded her head slowly.

"It's always be my mother who will cook for me." Jin nodded his head in understanding.

"But now she's not here." Jin said with a soft tone. Areum smiled sadly.

"That's true. And i have no one by my side." Jin was stirring the fried rice and stopped when he heard she said that.

"Don't say that. I'm sure, there's one person who is still by your side. Only you never know his existence." Jin said with a sincere smile.

"His? It's a guy?" Jin chuckled.
"Well, maybe a woman?" Areum laughed.

"I don't think so." She said sadly.
Jin just stared at her figure. He didn't know what to say since he also couldn't promise to stay by her side always.

"Here." Jin changed the topic by putting the dish in front of her. She inhaled the smell made she smiled widely.

"My favourite! Thank you Jin." Jin smiled fondly. He realised and stopped smiling.

'Ugh what's going on with me?' He said in his mind.

"Your favourite is Kimchi fried rice?" Jin asked as he took a seat in front of her.

"Yes it is." Jin nodded in understanding before digging in.

"Are you done?" Jin asked Areum who was almost finished her food. Areum stopped eating and nodded her head.
"Thanks for this. It's been so long i ate one." Jin just nodded although he knew she couldn't see it.

"Let me take it." Jin stood and was about to take her plate but suddenly her hand made its way onto his arms. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry if i trouble you here. You can just leave it to me." She said with a guilty tone. Jin stared at her face for a while before slowly pushing her hand away.

"No you're not. I can help you with anything while I'm here." Jin took the plates and went to the sink.

"Plus," Jin added, taking Areum's attention.

"You've lived here alone for a long time. You have to feel how to live with someone again." He said made Areum smiled.

Time flew by, Areum was in her room, only Jin was in the living room.
Jin watched the television alone. He suddenly remembered something made he reached out for his phone in his pocket.

He dialed someone.

"Yes sir?" His man answered.
"Tell me about Ji Jun Shi."

"I found out that he is just an ordinary people who lives in Gwangju area. He only managed to scam few people and never get caught since he is a master in hiding." Jin smirked.

"Master in hiding? I will break that name." Jin said as he stared at the floor with his burning eyes.

"One more thing sir," His man added.
"What is it?"

"Many neighbours there said he is an abuser." Jin's eyes widened.

"What? Abuser? To whom?" Jin asked full of curiosity.

"He has a niece." Jin's eyes widened once again.

"Don't tell me.." He said feeling anxious.

"His niece's name is Lee Areum." Jin froze in his place. He immediately ended the call.

He was staring at the floor bluntly.

"Is that mean..she had getting abused when she lives here alone?" He asked himself.

"Is that why her body is full with bruises?" He kept questioning himself as he couldn't believe it.

'I have it because i always fall. You know, i can't see anything. Only darkness. There's no difference even i open or close my eyes. It's still dark.' He remembered her words.

"Why she lied to me? Is she scared or what?" He turned his attention to upstairs.

"I have to talk to her about this." Jin said and stood, making his way to upstairs.

He stood still in front of her room. He took a deep breath before slowly brought his hand to knock on the door.

"Areum?" He softly asked.
"Yes?" A soft voice answered him.

"May i come in?"

"Yeah." Areum softly said made he slowly came into her room.