Chapter 3: The shift

The snuggling and hicupping of kitten laza.
Present :
Lazarus pov:
      I slept the night in a cave.It was oddly comforting.

      I wont get this comfort often.

     Sometimes it was a guard kicking me with his steel boots. Sometimes cold water drenching me. Sometimes cries of my fellow cellmates.

       My life wasnt like this always.

      Till the time i had a man who used to do  everthing for me, Who used to spoil me rotten, who used give me forehead kisses....

Flashback :

      I woke up in warmth and comfort. I don't want to wake up.

      But I heard someone calling me.
"id kid wake up".

      "No I don't wanna"I thought and snuggled closer.
"Kid please wake up"

       I slowly opened my eyes and yawned quietly.

       When I saw the man who saved me, he was hugeeeee, bigg, hugeer than yesterday

       How did he grow that much in one day.

       Then I saw my  hands.handsss but they are paws. I yelped from the place I was in and my hind paws got stuck in my blood drenched shirt I fell down.

       "Hey it's k you just shifted in sleep, listen to me". Then I remembered what happened yesterday.

         I shifted in sleep but why am I so little.

         Doesn't shifters have to be huge when shifted? Oh right I am werecat and basically I am still a kitten.

         Ahhhh! I hate my life. The weird man lifted me from the ground and stared at me.i whined.

         Please don't do anything to me. Iam already hurt. It hurts more when you touch me.

 It hurts more when you touch me

         Lazarus(kitty form)

        He raised me near his head and bumped his nose with mine.

        I stared at him curiously. 'thats so nice, do it again'

        I moved my nose towards him but he moved away.' no no again do it again' I squirmed in his hold and tried to bump my nose with his.

        He laughed. 'why are you laughing weird man'. I stuck my tongue at him and gave him a death stare but he still laughed

       "Aww, you are so cute, I really want to keep you" I stared at him. He kissed my nose.

       'why are u kissing me weird man" I showed my claws towards him and hissed.

       "Okay okay I won't do it but tell me wher your parents are I will send you to them"