Chapter 1

Clary's pov:

I smiled as the Dahak lizard looking demon disappeared. I stood up from the ground and looked around the dark area .The grounds were completely empty, nothing was there other than the cracked pavement that was there when I got here. I slid Heosphoros (Morgenstern Blade) back into my weapon a belt and started to move my feet out of the Ally. I stopped before I turned to the right and looked up into the night stars. There were a lot here in New York at night. It was beautiful to see every night after demon hunting. But beauty was just a word to me, there was no feeling when I thought about it. I never felt any emotion other than my love for my brother. Jonathan was a great older brother but there was so much evil inside of him but that's why I liked him. He was the most like me. His hair was almost white and his eyes were black, no white. When you looked into them it was like looking into an endless pit. But it was the same for me, I had the same eyes as him. We both had demon bloom inside of us, it ran through our veins. And yet we still kill demons because we are Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters are people that are different from mundies. They have angle blood in them. All through their family tree. And my family just so happens to be one of the highest Shadowhunter family, but it's to bad everyone thinks we're dead. Well first off my father and ugh "mother" were in the circle together. And yes I'm guessing you know all about that. They were happy until Jonathan was born. "Mother" was terrified of him even when he was a poor child. She wanted nothing to do with him. And that was my Father's fault. Well she was pregnant he slipped demon blood into her which made Jonathan evil and hates everything. She was even planning on leaving my Father until she found out she was going to give birth to another child. She was scared for her not even born child and herself. She didn't want my Father to do the same thing he did to Jonathan. She packed a secret bag and was ready to leave when her water Broke. She was scared because she failed to leave before she gave birth. That night she had a girl. She had blood red curly hair. And black pitiless eyes. She gave birth to Clary Morgenstern. Which just so happened to be me.