Chapter 5

Jace's pov:

It's almost 10 pm and Maryse has called us to a meeting in the institutes Library. I am already in my pj's which happen to be black joggers and a black t-shirt. I am walking down the hall towards the elevator when I heard running footsteps from behind me. I turned around just to see Alec beside me with sweat beads running down his face. It almost looks like his bright blue eyes were making them, as if he were crying. His jet black hair was plastered to his forehead. He wore his black joggers that happen to look exactly like mine and he wore a loose white t-shirt, you could see the sweat from under his armpits. "Why are you so wet? Did you fall in the tub again?" I ask with sarcasm dripping from my words. I always tease him about how i was always a better Shadowhunter. I could beat him in two minutes. His face grew red from my comment. "No! I just happened to hear mum talking about adopting two more kids." I could tell Alec was happy new people were coming but he was also scared. I wonder why. Maybe he thought the two new kids would be better then him like me and izzy were. I smiled at that, they will be better than him for sure. Alec's face turned white, he looked me in the eyes and punched me. "What the hell!" I was clearly caught off guard. Why would Alec punch me? "I am strong Jace! Stop saying stuff like that! Why do you always have to be such an ass?" I'm shocked. Did I say my thoughts out loud again? Crap, poor Alec. I open my mouth to reply but was shocked when Alec pushed me into the elevator. I didn't say anything and he wouldn't look at me. Great, he hates me. I swallow the lump in my throat as was arrived at our destination. The institute's Library was only 3 feet away. I took a deep breath and made my way over to the door. Silently we made our way down the hall. When we reached the Library Alec retreated to a seat next to Isebelle, his sister. Obviously avoiding me. With a small disappointed sigh I placed an emotionless mask on and sat on a single chair closer to the door for a fast exit. Maryse Lightwood had stress lines on her forehead but yet a small happy smile on her face. She paced back and forth in front of us, looking unsure of what to say. Finally, well I was playing with my thumbs, she cleared her throat making me look up. She has stopped pacing and was looked at us with her head held high. Right to the point as always she said something that made Isabelle's jaw drop and Alec smile. "I'm adopting two more children." I however sat still not looking her way anymore and towards the rows of books that were kept here. Isebelle jumped up from her seat and started asking questions about them. "What are their age? What about names? Oh! Is their going to be another girl? I would love to get a hopping buddy. These guys hate it." She muttered the last part, nodding her was towards me and Alec. Who still wouldn't look in my direction. Maryse rubbed her forehead as if having to deal with all of us was enough touble, which probably is. I wonder why she was willing to adopt more children when she and Robert are barely here to take care of us. "There both your age and siblings. Clarissa and Jonathan. And I trust them to be responsible for all of you. Like babysitters. They have been to 4 foster homes before and they all had something good to say. Their responsible, the cook and clean and perfect people to watch over Max when we head back to Idis." Maryse told us with a smug smile, watching our reactions. All I have to say was the three of us were in shoke. They are only adopting them to take care of Max and us? Alec was the first to get out of his state of shock. He stood up fuming, his face beat red. "You trust complete strangers more then your own children?! What's wrong with you? Your only adopting them so you can make them your personal maid and babysitter! That's insane, why would you do something like that?" Alec continue to go on and I about how his mother was adopting them for all the wrong reasons. I sat silent watching. I totally agreed with Alec in any way possible, but I was slightly excited to have another girl that could actually first with here. Even if she was a nerd and innocent like Maryse said she was I would EASLY get into her pants. This was going to be fun I thought smirking before standing up and walking out of the room, not getting noticed leaving as the all shout angrily at each other.

let the games began.