-16-

-Wilburs POV-

    When I had said goodnight to y/n I had been exhausted, but as soon as I shut the door to my room I instantly became seemingly less tired. My mind flooded with the image of y/n crying. She had only met me a few days ago and she had put so much trust in me. She didn't tell me what happened or why she was crying, but she didn't need to. I may not know what happened, but I also am not going to force her to do anything she doesn't want.

    I slipped out of the clothes I was in, throwing on some pajamas and tossing the outfit I previously wore in a corner of the room. I usually slept in a sweatshirt and some pants or shorts. I didn't try very hard as usually no one sees me in my pajamas. I took a few steps and dropped myself on the bed, head in my pillow. After laying there for a few seconds, I rolled over into my back placing my hands onto my stomach. All I did was stare at the ceiling and think– overthink. Thoughts buzzed through my head like I was standing in the middle of a racetrack. Thought after thought I started to grow tired again. My eyes started to flutter shut. I shot up, grabbing my phone from where it had been placed on the nightstand and plugged it in. I laid back down, and my eyes fluttered shut again, my mind still raving with thoughts but this time I couldn't understand any of them.

    I was asleep for what felt like a total of 3 minutes before I awoke to a soft knock at my door. I sat up in bed and checked the time. 2:00 AM. Whoever this is, and whatever it's for better be important.

    I groggily walked my way to the door, and cracked it open to reveal y/n. I opened the door so she knew I was there. I hadn't gotten to see that she was actually crying when the door was only cracked, so when I opened it more it had surprised me that she was crying.

    "Y/n? It's 2 AM, are you alright? Come in so we don't have to whisper." My voice was shaky, but I stepped out of the doorway so she could enter my room. She stepped through the door and into the middle of the room. I closed the door silently and turned to face her.

    She looked at me, she opened her mouth to speak, but she didn't say anything. Instead, she sat on the bed, and patted the sheets next to her, motioning for me to sit beside her. I took a few steps and sat next to her. She let out a shaky sigh.

    "Can I tell you why I was crying earlier? It's the same reason I was crying just a few moments ago.." she said turning to me, breaking our silence.

    "Of course, as long as you're comfortable with it." I nodded my head and looked at her.

    As she explained every detail of what happened and how she felt in the situation, whenever she spoke about this guy named Brian it infuriated me. I didn't need to meet the guy to know that I did not like him. Every-time she said a sentence that involved him I could see the pain in her eyes grow. It hurt, I don't know why but it hurt. It hurt seeing her in pin. It hurt seeing how much this event had hurt her. It just hurt.

    After she finished her story, I could tell how tired she was getting. And looked like she was about to fall asleep right then and there. I don't necessarily want her to leave, but she needs sleep. What if she just stays in my room? I have no clue what led me to think this thought, but I was exhausted and so was she. Her maybe a little more than me. I decided to just get under the covers and see what she does.

    "Oh.. I'm sorry, I did wake you up didn't I? I can-" She yawned before continuing, "I can go to my room now, sorry." She finished her sentence. Before she got up she rubbed her eyes. Before she actually stood up, I had gotten the confidence to say what I wanted.

    "Or just stay in here. You're exhausted, and I don't want to hear you face-plant and not get up. You don't have to... but if you don't mind sharing the bed, go ahead." I said, just looking at her. I could tell how much she was thinking. I could almost hear her thoughts. She looked like she was trying to solve an incredibly long math equation.

    She stood up and tried walking to the door. Before she even took 4 steps she had tripped, which caused her to turn right back around and sit back in the bed.
     "Are you sure you don't mind? I wouldn't want to intrude." She asked me.

    "I offered, and I wouldn't have offered if I didn't mind." I said, shifting over in the bed so she would have enough room. She sat in the edge of the bed for another minute or two before she laid back on the bed. She turned her body to the side, she faced the door as she laid down.

    Her breathing slowed in a few minutes. She must have been exhausted. It would probably be wise if I went to bed as well, but i was mesmerized by the smaller girl that was asleep in front of me. Her slow breathing was actually quite relaxing. The soft sound of her breathing was enough to put me to sleep.

    I fell asleep listening to the random thoughts that had popped up here and there that ruined the sound of silence.
____________________________________
2 chapters 1 day? I didn't think I'd have the patience to sit and write for this long but apparently I do. Anyways, I'll probably end up stopping my authors notes at the end of each chapter (like I did with chapter 15) unless it's important.
-ghost