-25-

-Y/n POV-

    I brushed my fingers through my wet hair. I had just finished my shower, and I had a towel wrapped around my body. I stepped out of the shower onto the soft blue rug. Tanner was in the living room and Matilda was on the bathroom counter. Usually the shower is a tranquil place with only the sounds of running water and my thoughts, but someone kept calling me and I had forgotten to put my phone on do not disturb. I did have a few minutes of silence in between the calls, but then the ringing would start back up again. I could only assume it was Ivy, my younger sister. As soon as I heard the next ring I answered the FaceTime. But instead of the high-pitched voice I'm used to, I was met with Wilburs. I was taken by surprise as I was only in a towel, my hair was dripping, and I had answered him thinking he was my sister.

    "Oh.. were you.. uh- busy? I can just call back.. later?" He stuttered.

    "Technically no, I'm not busy. But I wouldn't have answered if I didn't think you were my sister." I didn't even hesitate to respond.

    "How could you possibly mistake "Ivy" or "Sister" for Wilbur? What could her name in your phone be that you mistook me for her?" He asked.

    "Willy Wonka's Dick Stick."

    "Oh-" He coughed.

    "Yknow, they both start with a W." I shrugged.

    He had called to tell me that I left my hair products in the shower and that until I came to get them he would be using them. But he also informed me that his last hair-wash day is Saturday, and he will stop by my apartment to drop them off then.

-

    He ended the call and I walked to my room. I put on an old sweatshirt I got from a festival and threw on some grey sweatpants. I wasn't planning on doing anything so I just grabbed my guitar and my camera. I brought everything out to my balcony, and set up. I grabbed a black mask from the counter and hung it behind one ear. I let Tanner out to sit with me, and pulled the mask up and over my nose. I set the camera up and hit record.

    I strummed the chords. I was just going with what my hands told me to play. I had always wanted to do a slow love song, and today was the day. I unconsciously played "I can't help falling in love with you". I just stared at the traffic below me. The night sky, the sound of passing cars, the faint noise of people talking. This is why I'm glad I chose to live in this part of the city. Tanner laid at my feet while I played.

    I was so distracted by the night sky I didn't even notice I had finished the song. I quickly leaned forward and turned off my camera. I shifted back into my position and started to just play some strings and songs. I fixated my gaze back onto the night sky. It was gorgeous. I started to wonder if my brother was watching me from one of the stars. It felt nice to think that he was.

[TW breakdown, & su!cide]

(flashback)

    "HE WHAT?" I screamed.

    Taylor looked at me in shock. She cocked her head in a look of confusion.

    Taylor was older than me by 2 years. She was a gorgeous girl, with straight blonde hair and brown eyes.  She was my best friend in junior high. We hung out every weekend.

    "Is everything okay?" She whispered.

    My eyes started to get glossy. I looked her dead in the face.

    "Take me to the hospital. Now." I demanded from her.

    "What? I mean, okay.. but why?" She asked, taken back at my tone.