-33-

TW !!! MENTION OF SUICIDE !!!

   It's been two weeks of total hell. Our family fights have only escalated and have become more frequent. The only reason I haven't left yet is because of Andrew and Kae. I've been planning on leaving, but I don't know how to tell them. And where would I go? I don't have anywhere else to go. That's a thing for me to worry about later. Right now I'm getting ready for dinner, but it's hard as I have a dress code to stick to. Mother made reservations at some fancy restaurant downtown. It's to show the "perfect side of the family" (if there's is one).

As I slipped myself into my medium-length black dress, I tried to picture which shoes I'd wear with the dress. I grabbed a pair I thought looked good and added some gold jewelry for flare. I fixed my hair accordingly and made sure it matched what my mother wanted. Finishing off my look with some light makeup, I grabbed the clutch purse my mother told me I had to use. Checking myself out in the mirror one last time, I grabbed my wallet and keys. As I was walking to my car Kae and Drew had stopped me.

"Daamn! My favorite cousin looking fine!" Kae whistled.

"You look great, even if it's not what you would usually wear." Drew smiled.

Smiling, I responded, "Thank you guys, I appreciate it a lot. And you guys look great too!"

"No problem. You look like you mean business." Kae gave me a thumbs up, "Anyways, because he won't ask, do you want to ride with us? Drew is taking us in Kaiser's car."

"I mean, yea. Why not?" I smiled while Drew, in his tuxedo, locked both Kae's arm and my arm in his.

"Hmm. Very professional, isn't he Kae?" I suppressed a laugh.

"Very professional indeed, my dear Y/n."

"Shut the fuck up." He rolled his eyes.

-

We all stepped out of the car. Late and I followed Drew. As we entered the restaurant I quickly realized how serious they were about it being fancy. It felt like I was in a romance movie. The lights were yellowish and dim, the floor was a medium-grey marble and every table had a white tablecloth over it. Faint chatter filled the large room. We were looking to see if we could spot our party, and as if it was on cue, Angela strutted towards in a long golden dress.

"Hello darlings, do come to sit with us." She put on a fake smile.

We all followed her to the reserved table. Any adult over 21 was expected to drink at least one glass of champagne, and water if you didn't wish you drink anymore. Anyone underage was expected to order water.

"What took you so long? We've been looking like fools with three seats empty." Brandon growled under his breath.

"Now now Brandon. Be nice." Kaiser finally spoke.

"Pretend to like each other." My mother almost inaudibly whispered.

The funny thing with her saying that is usually people are making a joke. But for us? She meant it.

-

"Y/n. How about you have a glass of wine? Ease up a bit." Angela reached across the table to grab my hand.

"No thank you. I do appreciate the offer, but I am responsible for driving home as Drew has already had a few glasses of alcohol." I came up with an excuse. Drew is driving either way.

"Y/n. Do as my sister tells you to. She wants you to have a glass of wine." My mother said through gritted teeth.

"I've already said no thank you, I would appreciate it if this conversation would end please," I said politely.

"Y/n. Do as I say."

The argument was escalating quickly. With every passing moment, her face got increasingly more red. She's getting mad because I won't drink more alcohol.

"Sister, she does not have to drink if she does not wish to in public," Angela told her sister.

"Please do respect my wishes. I would like to be able to safely drive home." I tried to smile.

My mother's eyes darted to mine, "It's not that you won't have a drink, it is that you haven't followed many of the rules we had set in the first place. We set them for a reason. Follow them. Obey them. Do you not understand why Ivy is not here tonight? It is because she simply cannot follow simple rules."

Taken back I responded, "What? I have done anything but disobey or break a rule? Maybe during the first week, but I have learned to follow your rules. What are you on about?"

"What am I on about? Look at you! Look at your dress!" She raised her voice slightly.

"You gave me three dress options, this being one of them. I love you, you are my mother. But it is insulting how you treat me back after I have been nothing but kind and respectful."

"Kind? Respectful? What happened to my sweet little girl? Why do you think I invited you back to live with us?" She slammed her fist on the table and stood up, "Tell me. It's not because you're my daughter. No, it was to show that I raised a good child. But you won't prove that to me."

I stood up as well and pressed both of my palms firmly into the tabletop, "What? That's not how a good mother treats her children."

"And I wish I had good children. Sometimes I wish that YOU were the one to kill yourself and not your brother. At least he would've been a good kid." She yelled.

The entire restaurant went silent. Everyone at the table was staring at Liz. Not mother, Liz.

"What?" She hissed.

"Fuck you. You aren't a good mother, Liz. You're a horrible person." That was the last thing I said before turning around and weaving through each table.

I heard footsteps behind me. I was trying to keep myself together until I at least got outside. I pushed open the large entrance doors. I found the large black car and collapsed onto the ground next to it.

"Y/n... Angela is taking care of it. It's the first time I've seen her fight her sister in years."

I looked up and Kae was standing directly over me. Drew was starting the car for us to head "home."

Getting into the car, I was ready to tell them about my plan. "Don't freak out. But Kae, are you willing to take me up on my offer?"
____________________________________
Yes? No? Maybe? Idk but I've been dyinggg to write this chapter got so long. I hope it came across like I wanted it to. :p
-ghoul<3