Chapter Four

December 24th 2011

Merry Christmas Freya,

I hope you all are having a wonderful break. I was going to send you some stuff but, I didn't know what you'd like, I wanted it to be the best. Romi has been saying to get you a necklace or something but Nate has been telling me to get you a bear with 'I LOVE YOU' written on it. Too predictable and I know you meant it as a joke, so don't worry. So I spent sometime wondering what you would like and I got both you and Athena matching socks with little reindeers, you're welcome.

Anyways, Uni has been a pain in my ass too, which sucks because I have to get extra shifts at work. But I've been playing basketball lately so its been relaxing. I hope you really like the present, I know it's pretty shit but you know me. I'm bad at buying things for people. Oh have you finished the book I told you to read, it's good huh?
I got to go now, have to help mum.

Merry Christmas xx

"Merry Christmas Lennox" I stare at the socks next to the laptop, it was promising and surprisingly comfy as hell. Since Freya and I were at campus for the past term, we came home to a pair of socks and questions from Freya about Lennox. After my birthday party that ended up with me breaking up with Garrett, drunk and getting into San Francisco State University for English Literature, which is my best and worst subject. Being a hopeless romantic is part of the syllabus and I'm not so that's the worst part. The teacher is very handsome though, with his stubble and tight pants and being 30 years old...

We came back during the holidays but I always kept in touch with everyone including Lennox. I had told Freya this morning, I thought she would be pissed or close to it that but she laughed it off as a joke. That made me highly worried about both of our sanities. I'm guessing she would forget about it by the end of the week.

"If he ever comes back, and I'm not married. I'll just get with him. Good one A.J" Freya tapped me on the back and walked off. I think that worked out well.

Quickly typing out a short reply saying thank you for the socks and Merry Christmas back. Telling him again that when I wrote I Love You a couple of years back that I was piss drunk and it so wasn't my fault and to stop teasing. Also letting him know about university and how it's good that he's still playing basketball. Following how I had already finished the book, it was about fighting and all that fruity crap. Kind of good, in my opinion, he hadn't really thought I as in Freya was the type to read but somehow I had dodged the bullet and got him to tell me about it. In fact he's doing Architecture. Imagine him with his wonderful face and body with his british accent. Crap.

_______________________________________________________

"Merry Christmas everyone" Running down the stairs from my room in my red dress, the pleats going all the way down to my knees. I'm wearing my favourite black tights and red pumps, my hair is curled and put into a loose bun. My contacts are on, these things have made me feel more confident although sometimes my glasses are used for school work and reading and writing to Lennox.

It's a tradition for Freya and I to wear red for Christmas Eve dinner every year. Christmas has been our favourite holiday for the longest that I could remember.

"Merry Christmas honey" My parents, Freya and her Dad are all downstairs waiting for me. Usually Freya's the one to host these dinner parties. The women's crazy to make it perfect. But we were at campus this year so she and I had no time to prepare anything.

"Ok people, I'm starving and I want the potato bake right now" I walk past everyone and sit myself at the table and rub my stomach in mock starvation. Actually I wasn't really mocking anything.