iii. plan a

( 🧊🪱💭 ) GREEK GOD!
### ━━ DEVIN A. BOOKER
III. PLAN A

 ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

ˏˋ°•*

MAEVIS SENA SONG
📍PHILADELPHIA, PA.
March 22st, 2021

SEX DIDN'T FEEL THE SAME AFTERWARDS. Neither did kissing him, touching him, even looking at him. Maevis felt she was looking at nothing but a hollow shell of the man she used to love. He had the same face, body, and touched her all the right ways, but the love was completely gone. The sparkle that once shined so brightly for Ben Simmons had faded in a matter of a short conversation.

But stupidly enough, she tried to salvage it. She'd thought maybe sex could cure whatever this mess was. She had no reason to believe so--- intimacy was always something she struggled with. Falling was the easy part, but the intimacy itself was the challenge. But a little part of her hoped her body was enough of a trade off for this relationship; but she was wrong, as she always is. Maevis heard her own heart crack whenever he nearly moaned Lydia's name instead of her own. That was the final dagger for her.

She remembered every useless lesson high school taught her, except the most important one: Lydia Fairchild will always be the first choice. Lydia was always the first person to be picked during dodgeball. Lydia cranked a smile and instantly everyone would follow her command like some facist dictator. Lydia had everything; the body, the intelligence, the smile. The only time she'd been chosen over Lydia was with Ben, and even then he found a way to choose her.

That's what hurt the most. Everyone chooses Lydia.

And maybe she'd choose Lydia too.

The two laid in their queen-sized bed with nothing but a blanket covering their bare bodies. She looked at his brown eyes, silently begging to find something, to feel something. "Hey. What's eating your brain?" he asked quizzically, turning around to face her.

Pursing her lips into a half-hearted smile, she answered, "Oh, it's nothing."

"It's you, Maevis. Nothing is ever... nothing with you."

She lets out a snicker. "Uh, well..." she could have told him she knew right then and there. She could have cried her eyes out in that moment as she stared into his eyes. But she didn't. She still wanted to be sure, despite the alarming amount of evidence. "The music video. I guess I'm still kind of scared of the audience reaction, I guess."

"It's probably great. Don't doubt yourself, Maevis. I've heard you sing before," he reassured her. And in that moment, with a smile on his face, she forgets the past two days. She plants a kiss on his forehead out of instinct.

With a single notification from his phone, she's brought back to reality. He sits up from the bed, snatching his phone from the bedside table. With a quick scan, he gets out of the bed and quickly dresses up. "I got practise in a bit," he informs. "I'll be back by 1."