vii. unbothered

( 🧊🪱💭 ) GREEK GOD!
### ━━ DEVIN A. BOOKER
VII. UNBOTHERED

 UNBOTHERED

ˏˋ°•*.

ONE YEAR LATER...

MAEVIS.

Liked by rheasong, dbook, and 782,004 others

maevis So, so, so proud to announce my sophomore project titled "He Loves Me / He Loves Me Not" coming out on July 22nd ❤️ Thank you to the legendary Stacey and Marshall Grant for helping me produce and write this album. Shoutout to my sister, Rhea, her fiance, Kyrah, and Isa for tolerating me on the nights I kept them up from my endless strumming. The lead single, "Selfish" releases TONIGHT at 12am CST! Hope you like it as much as we do ❤️

[ view all 50,828 comments ]

username1 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
username2 AHHHHHHHHHH

username3 GOD IS ON MY SIDE TODAY YUP

xisabelrae fyi my sleep deprivation was worth it for this album 10/10 would cry and light ***'s house on fire

username4 aoty i just know it

rheasong so proud of you baby sis 🙌

kdclark yesssss love it maevey ❤️

dbook. ❤️

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lydia M. Fairchild @lydsfairchild
Unbothered 🤣
1.1K Quote Tweets | 4,827 Likes

|

username @username1
"unbothered" bro did not mention you 🤣
3 Quote Tweets | 17,828 Likes
Liked by @maevis_song

━━━━━━━━━━━━

NOBODY PHYSICALLY SAW MAEVIS FOR A YEAR. The first two weeks post-cheating were the most invasive weeks of her life. The paparazzi would follow her to the gym, to the studio, and even on her way to the grocery store. Maevis was sick of it— there was no room for her to breathe or feel out her emotions. So, she disappear. First, she constrained herself to the five mile radius of the suburb her sister lived in. Then, she changed her appearance. With a box of bleach from a CVS, she dyed her hair to an unrecognizable brunette and wore a mask in public. She knew how to draw eyeliner the right to make it look like they were a different set of eyes. Maevis would even wear multiple layers of clothes to appear thicker. She wanted to disappear, and she did.

She wrote 67 songs in that timeframe. Not all were good— some were downright terrible. But the 22 she picked, she made a story out of them. She spent multiple hours in the day with her producers, perfecting every track. She made sure the lyricism was just right and the melodies were smooth. Lydia and Ben pushed her to lowest point, and she wanted to come back flying. She had a point to prove, and it started with perfecting her artistry.

It took her 1 year to perfect it, and tonight, she was celebrating her album (although four months early).

"To Maevis, and the upcoming release of her album," Isabel raised a toast with a smile on her face. Kyrah and Rhea followed, raising their shot glasses in the air. The girls downed their drunks right away. Maevis didn't feel the buzz anymore — her tolerance grew severely in the past few months. "I cannot wait for the world to hear Delilah's Song. That song is beautiful and I think everyone will love it."

"Yeah, that one's good. I think everyone's gonna go crazy for either 'Selfish' or 'Lie to Me', though. You spilled mad shit in Lie to Me and people go nuts over that," Kyrah commented.

"Ouu, I agree. Hopefully they appreciate 'Sensual?' like I do," Rhea said.

The four continued their dinner, discussing the album. Throughout the night, a smile slowly crept up on her face. She was damn proud of that album, and the one thing she secretly was proud of was the fact that it would ruin Lydia's life, or at least her mental health. She knew Lydia like the back of her hand, and the entire internet against her would certainly cause her pain, but definitely not as much as the pain Lydia caused her.

Isabel scrolled through Maevis's post, smiling at the comments of support. Isabel liked a few of the comments that hated on Ben. She was glad she didn't need to have a PR team. Isabel stopped at one comment and raised her eyebrow. "Why the fuck is this Devin guy in your comments? You been talking to him?" she asked Maevis as she began to stalk his profile.

Maevis snorted. "Fuck no. I haven't seen or talked to him last year. I don't know what he's trying to start with that comment."

"Weird," Kyrah remarked. "Also... you know liked tweets are public, right?"

"Yes, who doesn't?"

"Just making sure, Maevie," Kyrah said. "You liked something a little shady... which I can appreciate but your PR team might not."

"I think Grace and them are lowkey happy I did that. Brings more traction to the album," Maevis shrugged.

"Yeah, but that could backfire on you as well. The Fairchilds are the nepo family in all of Hollywood, of the States, even. Lindsay could pull some strings, then suddenly your sponsorships are no longer," Rhea reasoned. Maevis hated how right she was all the time.

"So, should I unlike it?"

"Oh, no," Rhea laughed. "She started that one. That bitch deserved it. You handled that with grace. However, just like patient care, do not escalate."

"On it, chief," Maevis nodded jokingly.

The girls continued their dinner, chatting and catching up. Maevis finally felt free for the first time in months. Although Maevis was drinking tonight, at least she was drinking for fun, and not to numb.

ˏˋ°•*.

shay's lover letters
madison beer slays. i've had a creative renaissance as of late. dk why or how