viii. coffee card

( 🧊🪱💭 ) GREEK GOD!
### ━━ DEVIN A. BOOKER
VIII. COFFEE CARD

 COFFEE CARD

ˏˋ°•*.

DEVIN ARMANI BOOKER.
📍Lexington, Kentucky
October 12, 2014

DEVIN HAD NO IDEA HOW OR WHY HE WAS WITH LYDIA FAIRCHILD. Don't get him wrong— he liked her. He liked her ambition and wit, as well as her long legs and slim build. On paper, she was everything anyone could have wanted, but being with her... he just couldn't feel the vibe.

But Devin was a boy, and just like any boy, he thought that if he waited it out, the feelings would naturally come along. He just couldn't understand why he didn't like her.

When Devin and Lydia weren't having sex, they watched sitcoms in the shared space of Lydia's dorm. Devin had his arm resting on the couch, right above Lydia's shoulder. Lydia's head leaned against his shoulder as a blanket covered the two.

Devin heard the door to one of the rooms crack open. Promptly, a black-haired girl paced the living room, frantically searching for something. Devin recognized her from two of the classes he was taking. The girl was short, with glowing poercelain skin. She had a pair of black headphones on her head. She was too busy searching to even notice the two cuddled up on the couch. Devin, for a split-second, forgot about the girl he was supposed to like and watched the girl pick up a book and return to her room.

"That's Maevis. I don't think you've met," Lydia said.

"Oh, that's Maevis," he nodded. He tried to recall everything Lydia's said about her. He knew that Maevis was her best friend. He knew they shared two classes together (and somehow, never met?). He couldn't recall anything about her— and it kind of drove him mad. "What's her deal?"

"Probably Intro Psych," Lydia stated, her eyes glued on the screen. "Her exam date got moved last minute, to every single students' protest. She's freaking out because it's open book but it's paper notes only."

"Do you know which psych class she's taking?" Devin inquired.

"No idea, why?" Lydia raised her eyebrow.

"I think she's in my class. I took my midterm early last week because the team has an away game the same day as the midterm. I was thinking I could help her out," Devin explained.

"Go for it, babe," Lydia assured, smiling. "Happy to know you're helping my friends out."

"For sure," Devin sat up from the couch, walking towards the door.

He knocked twice on the door. When he didn't hear a response, he opened the door. Maevis moves her eyes from the cue card to the door.

"I'm, uh, Devin. I'm seeing Lydia," he nervously said, a small, polite smile on his face.

"I'm Maevis, if you didn't know. We have Psych and English together, right?" She returns the smile.

"Uh, yeah," Devin paused. "So Lydia told me you're freaking out about the open book thing."

"Yeah, a string of bad luck. Seems like no one has a working printer. Library's closed too," Maevis explained, the stress growing in her as she explained the situation. "Seems like I stepped on a four leaf clover or something."

"I took the midterm early 'cus I'm outta town next week. I can lob you my notes but I can't promise you it'll be as thorough as you'd like," Devin offered.

Maevis's face lit up instantly. When Devin saw her face brighten, he couldn't help but smile. He tried to repress it, because for some reason, he felt that tight feeling in your heart when he saw her smile. He was suppose to feel that way with Lydia, and not her worrywart roommate.

"Really?" Maevis said in disbelief.

"Yeah! It's in my dorm right now. I can give it to Lydia once we get there."

"That'd be awesome... you've single-handedly saved my GPA," Maevis was beaming. She was confident in her ability to ace the exam, but fear a subpar GPA. "To what do I owe you?"

Devin snickered, "Nothing, man. You're Lydia's best friend."

"No, for real though. What do I owe you? For me, this is a big deal, grades and all," she mentioned.

"A coffee would be nice sometime," he said.

"Deal."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Can we meet for coffee?

I'm in Philly for a bit.

No

Please?

There's something I wanna discuss

I'm busy

Fuck it

Cashing in the coffee card.

Girl

That was like 7 years ago

And I'm busy all week

I have all the time Maevis

It's important

And also, a deal is a deal

Fine.

Tuesday morning?

I'll pick you up. I know a couple spots.

👍

Fire album btw
SEEN.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

shay's love letter
the urge to publish the paige story but maintaining discipline...