Writing Lesson x Properly Introduced

Third Person-

||January 15th, 2021||

A hyped Travis, a bored MGK and a zoned out Nessa sat in the studio. They were waiting on Jaden, a crazy talented kid Travis took in.

His parents died in a car accident. Travis and Kourtney were close friends with his parents before they passed. They were also his god-parents. They took him in since he was fourteen, he's now nineteen.

Nessa and Kelly met him a few times before, but they were never properly introduced nor were they aware of his musical capabilities. So this is the night they get properly introduced.

"Is he lost? I have to get home" Mgk whined.

"Probably, but trust me you'll love this kid, he's worth it. He's having trouble writing his first song though, he could be like your protégé" Travis stated.

"Fine, I'll wait" Mgk sighed going on his phone.

We heard the door open "Hey, sorry I'm late...traffic" he apologized.

"You're good" Kelly and Travis said.

I gotta run so Jaden that's Nessa she spends most of her time being zoned out, that's Machine gun Kelly, we know him because, who doesn't? But whatever you do, don't call him Colson unless he gives you permission, I'm sure he won't anytime soon, and don't try to describe his job" Travis explained.

"Cause it's weird," MGK added. "Colson Barrett is known for his lyrical masterpieces and killer flow" he mimicked.

"I saw that-" Jaden said.

"K so got to run, see you at home Jay" Travis said, picking up his stuff and leaving.

"Bye, see ya" Jaden said waving at Travis.

"I'll leave too" Kelly said hopping off of the chair.

"Bye dad, I'm staying the night here so see you" Nessa said hugging him.

"Night, see you tomorrow" he said letting go of the hug and rubbing her arm (iykyk). "Bye" he said leaving.

Nessa's POV-

I sat down on the spinning chair. "So?" he said.

"So?" I replied.

"Are gonna act like we don't know each other?" he questioned.

"Do we know each other?" I said.

"We go to the same school," he said.

"We bump into each other, that doesn't mean we know each other"

"You're right I guess," he said.

"I'm gonna record something real quick, just an idea" I said going into the recording part of the studio.

I put on my headphones.

~After~

I got out. "So you thought of that, from the top of your head and I can't even find a name for mine" he scoffed.

"Yeah don't stress, I just stay back incase I get inspo, so I can try it out" I explained to him.

"So you write?" I asked.

"Yup, having trouble though, what do you use for inspo?" he questioned.

"Cow pie," I said with a blank face on.

"Pardon?" he said cluelessly.

"Cow pie, look at the most random shit and compare it to your life" I added.

"Uhh, so, if I look at you and I'm like her life's so perfect" Jaden said.

"Is it though? Compare it to yours and see if it is as good as mines or is it not, or just name a lyric from a song that you think relates to what you're thinking" I said.

He took a minute "I saw a movie and I wish it was my life?" he said.

"That's good, but it looks like you're questioning yourself, you have to be sure with the lyrics, not me" I said opening a monster can.

"I like it, I guess, and you can do you, you don't have to give me a writing lesson" he chuckled. "I got to go soon by the way" Jaden admitted.

"It's fine, Monster?" I asked.

"Sure, why not?" he said taking a can.

Jaden's POV-

It seems like everyone could write.

Was I even supposed to do this?

I'm a horrible writer?

"If you thought about writing as much as you're thinking right now, you'd be my dad right about now" she said taking a sip of her monster.

"Nice tip" I replied.

"Anytime" she said.

"K, so I gotta go" I said.

"Oh okay" she said putting down her monster can and getting up. 

----------------------------------------

did I tell y'all how much I love Bree?

SHE MY BESTFRIEND SHE A REAL BAD BISHH