Chapter 4 Home sweet Home

CHAPTER 4

That night, they fell sleep right by the fire, but in the middle of the night a strong thunder woke them up. Immediately it starting to pouring rain. Both men run to their tent, trying to get away from the rain, but wind was blowing the leaf away, letting them completely wet and cold. Jimin sat right next to Jungkook to get some warmth while waiting for the rain to end.

Next morning Jimin woke up by himself, he could hear some pounding of rocks. So he got up to investigate, wondering if that sound came from Jungkook.

"What could he be doing" Jimin though. That's when he found Jungkook pounding a rock agains another.

"What is that?" Jimin ask.

"I'm trying to sharpen this rock. We are goin to need it. We have to build a better shelter. We don't know how long we going to have to stay here, so we're going to need tools." Jungkook informed him.

"How are we going to build a shelter?" Jimin ask.

"We have everything we need in this island, the rest is just geometry and physics" Jungkook respond. Jimin was dumbfounded, does Doctor Perfect even know physics?

"What should I do?" Jimin ask, he wanted to help, but had no idea how to build anything. Jimin felt capable of making a open heart surgery, but he could never put together an IKEA furniture.

So that became their project. Since there was no much to do in the island, they start working together to build a small hut that can protect them from the elements. The began collecting leaf and bamboo stick, then with the new sharp rock that Jungkook made, they were able to cut wood and anything they could find that could help them with the construction.

Deep down, Jimin and Jungkook were hoping they could be rescued before they could even finish the construction, but days became weeks, and there was no signs of any rescue team.

During the few weeks, they were starting to get used to the situation, they even learned how to make fire quickly and different ways to cook sea food with what they have. They even went exploring the island and try to collect different materials that can help them build their shelter. Specially vines to tight the supports of what will be their new home. Jungkook was able to build a tumbril that he can drag through the sand, mud, and dirt with all the materials they collected.

Jungkook came with a plan of construction, something simple but safe for the both of them. It need it to sustain wind and rain, wich are the elements that they are facing recently.

Also Jungkook began to make a calendar, he didn't know anymore what day of the week they were living it, but now that didn't matter, it's not like they have a schedule. But he did wanted to know how long they been in the island. So he began to follow the phase of the moon from full moon to full moon, so that even give him the knowledge of what number of weeks they were living, before the next full moon.

"How do you know so much?" Jimin ask impress by the amount of knowledge Jungkook came up just front the top of his head.

"My mother. She always says that knowledge is precious. She was always hungry to learned it all, but resources weren't available for her, so she always asked me about things I learned in school, and I always try to learn something knew so I can tell her that. I still remember her face lighting up with every knew information I provided her. That make me hungry for knowledge myself" Jungkook explained, he had a kind expression on his face, like he was remembering a good moment from his childhood.