When Snow Falls 7

DEDICATED TO THAT BALDHEADED GIRL I CALL A FRIEND. SHE KNOW WHO SHE IS.
- B

SEVEN: WHATS UNDERSTOOD DON'T NEED 2 B EXPLAINED«  Ain't gotta sell it, but he say the pussy a drug that he re-up on »

« Ain't gotta sell it, but he say the pussy a drug that he re-up on »

Snow and AJ had been joined at the hip for the last couple days.

Kelsi was busy with midterms, Cane was supposedly tending to gang business, and Michael—in his own words to Snow— was "consulting".

Snow didn't know what that meant and she didn't ask for clarification because 1) it would've been a waste of time because she knew Michael wouldn't tell her and 2) she respected his privacy and didn't want to pry... kind of.

And even though they'd been together almost night and day for the last four months Snow felt she didn't really know Michael. She'd just found out his middle name and that was only because she'd happened to be in the room when his sister was giving him hell over the phone and said it.

"I hate this city," Snow whined as she and AJ slid in opposite sides of a booth in a Mexican restaurant. "Don't be shit to do."

"Especially when your nigga busy," AJ lowered her eyes, staring at Snow with a smile on her face. "Yeah, I know."

Playing it cool Snow raised an eyebrow, "you know what?"

"I know you got a nigga. You been too cool lately for somebody not to be breaking your back in. Plus, Cane say you be slippin' in and out the house at all hours of the day... everyday."

"Yeah well," Snow scoffed as their waitress started over to them with menus and ice waters. "Your man gossip like a bitch."

They didn't need time to look over the menu because they had searched it before they came to make sure that was where they wanted to eat. So, they ordered, AJ getting a margarita, and Snow suffering with a sierra mist because she wasn't twenty-one yet.

"Don't pout... your birthday in like three days, right?"

"Two," Snow corrected her, "and I ain't pouting. I just wish it would hurry up."

"It ain't like you don't drink now anyway."

"Yeah, but I can't drink when I go out... that shit is tragic and fucking annoying."

AJ laughed at her and shook her head. "What you wanna do for your birthday?"

"Get drunk," Snow leaned her back into them booth and mumbled, "and slutted out."

"I can't do the last thing," AJ laughed, "but I can get you drunk fa'sho... Popping bottles all night. I thought maybe we could hit up Deja Vú."

Snow was shocked by that, snapping her head back in AJ's direction from the television screen that was playing soccer.