3.

I woke up to the sun shining through my large windows and some birds chirping happily. This village honestly seemed like a dream sometimes, I couldn't ask to belong to a better village or order of ninja than that of the leaf. Stretching my arms high, I let out a groan feeling everything in my body so relaxed and fully rested was so unusual for me but necessary knowing what was coming in the next few days or even weeks. I slipped out of my bed and let my bare feet hit the cold hardwood, carrying myself to the kitchen for a fresh cup of coffee. The smell filled my apartment quickly as I poured a mug and took it with me to get changed for the day. After I had slipped on a comfortable outfit and tied my hair into two messy buns I was interrupted by a knock at the door. I've barely had any of my coffee...

The door sounded again as I drew closer to it, "Hang on, I'm coming it's the fucking ass crack of dawn..."

When I pulled open the door, I saw two Anbu waiting behind the door, "Choi Unima? The Hokage has summoned for you."

I yawned in their faces and waved them off, "Yeah yeah, I'm coming let me get my shoes and coffee I'll see you two there."

They looked at each other for a moment before shrugging and heading off without me, allowing me to do exactly as I said and get my shoes and remaining coffee before making my way to the Hokage's building. I still took my time walking, but I quickly drank my coffee so that I would not be facing Kakashi like we were about to grab breakfast together for some new gossip. Once I stepped foot inside the building, I downed my last sip of coffee and set the mug inside of a potted plant. I'll come back for that on my way out! I made my way up the stairs and stood just outside the Hokage's door, making sure to knock before entering. Upon opening the door though, I was shocked to find a certain spiky haired shinobi waiting on the other side. Of course, the two Anbu from my doorstep were there, both men, one a bit taller than the other with straight blonde hair, but Shikamaru Nara? Why was he here, he wouldn't be my other teammate on this would he? Pushing aside my intrusive thoughts, I bowed to Lord Sixth waiting until he nodded to stand straight again.

"Lord Sixth, has the time come to depart on this mission?"

He sighed thoughtfully, "I've just finished informing every one of the details of this mission and the jutsu that may come to use from you, including Genma Shiranui. He will be joining this mission as a precaution due to the Anbu staying in the shadows simply watching over and providing necessary back up and security."

I nodded looking over to Shikamaru, his eyes met mine intensely, "Lord Sixth has informed me especially of this risk involved with your jutsu and how it could disorient even my mind, but it's necessary to have a strong strategizing ninja there to assess the enemies moves whether your jutsu is used or not."

"And as for Genma joining us?"

Kakashi sighed, "Yes, I'm sacrificing a lot by sending you three out of the village all at once and on the same mission. However, we don't know what we're up against exactly, Genma is one of my most trusted colleagues that I can actually send out of the village right now. He is more powerful than he lets on, much like you two."

I nodded accepting that I would be going on a mission with the mysterious and kind of hot Genma Shiranui and the shadow ninja who would give me hell until my death. It was no secret I'd always had a slight schoolgirl crush on Genma, after I had fled to the Leaf Village from the Village of Sound. Obviously, nothing would ever come of me and the bandana wearing jonin with the age gap that we have, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't still get a little flustered around him.

Shikamaru cleared his throat, earning my attention, "Choi, are you okay to meet at the edge of the village in an hour?"

"Yes," I confirmed. I'd already mostly packed my things; it gave me just enough time to shower up and eat something before leaving. We left the Hokage's office and on my way out I made sure to grab my coffee mug from the plant by the door, earning a weird look from the Nara man though he didn't say a word to me about it. That man was always quiet thinking about something, sometimes I would kill to know what was going on inside his head. There was no denying that this man was brilliant intellectually and many envied his mental prowess, me included in that majority.