Chapter LXXIII: Rescued

Iwagakure wasted no time sending in their first salvo of offense at Menma, Naruto, and Sasuke. Apparently they had sought out the members of their forces that could create Rock Clones, because they were sent at the three Konoha nin in great numbers.

The three Konoha chunin stood back-to-back on the roof of the elevated building, defending themselves with taijutsu only as they gathered their thoughts and tried to brainstorm a way to win or escape.

"Hawks?" Naruto ventured as a possibility, grunting in exertion as he destroyed a random Rock Clone with a punch to the head, "How about it? Do you think we can fly out of here?" He said, continuing to scratch up his fists as he continued to fight with anything that got within hand-to-hand range.

"I don't know," Sasuke said, having an easier time of avoiding the constant barrage of enemy attacks than Naruto and were. Sharingan and Sasuke's reflexes were an unfair combination, "If I try to summon one here, it'll just get bogged down by all of the clones anyway."

It was clear that the first phase of Iwagakure's attack was to try and wear them down as much as possible. Under normal circumstances, this could have been quite the issue, especially against a chakra monsters like Naruto and Menma, but these weren't normal circumstances. They were also hurt and tired from running and hiding all over the village, Menma and Sasuke were also hurt from torment in prison conditions and from the mentally and physically taxing mission they had been on when they'd been captured in the first place.

Their stamina was still better than eighty percent of the shinobi in the world, but they were drained, and attempting to tire them out before having to fight them for real was the smartest course of action to take. Even if it was just three against all of them, those three were still more dangerous than most anyone would ever know without facing them.

Menma felt the skin on his knuckles break after vanquishing yet another Rock Clone and decided that enough was enough, "Screw this," He said, grabbing Naruto and Sasuke by the back of their shirts before dragging them to the edge of the building and jumping off of it and the elevated stone tower underneath it altogether.

Surprised, but not alarmed, Sasuke found himself more irritated at the sudden decision than actually angry about it. Eventually, he would have proposed himself that they just jump.

As they fell, Naruto noticed the walls moving outward, trying to push out and stop their descent quickly and violently. Creating a pair of Shadow Clones, he used them to shove himself,Menma, and Sasuke out of the way before they could be hit.

Sasuke didn't waste the few moments given to him and summoned a hawk to fly the two of them out Iwagakure. Something in his gut though, told him that this measure of action wouldn't work. He didn't know why. Flight wasn't exactly anything that Iwa was known for.

Instead of panicking, it seemed as though a summoning of that nature had been what they had all been waiting for, "Do it now!" Kitsuchi bellowed.

Every Iwagakure shinobi worked together as one, forming hand seals and pressing their palms to the ground for one great collaboration jutsu, "Doton: Daichidoukaku (Earth Release: Great Moving Earth Core)!"

Quicker than Sasuke's hawk could tilt up out of its divebomb, the ground raised around it in a perfect square, trapping it between four narrow walls of rock and preventing it from being a mobile threat. Kitsuchi simply laughed at Naruto, Menma, and Sasuke's plight, "Poor kids. You three have bitten off way more than you can chew."