Chapter 54

"Austin?" she asked me quietly, her head resting on my chest as her arm slung over my waist, her leg intertwined with mine as I softly rubbed her back.

"Yeah sweetheart" I said to her quietly, my arm slowly running up and down her back as I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Who do you think is trying to cause trouble?" she asked me quietly her eyes glancing up at me quickly before she repositioned her head to a more comfortable position on my chest.

I knew that she wasn't done thinking about the whole situation just yet and to be honest I couldn't blame her. This was supposed to be our happy moment, we had just found out we were pregnant and we were supposed to be given the adequate amount of time to rejoice in the amazing news before we came back from our little slice of paradise to return to the real world. But, she was unfortunately robbed of that. Now instead of thinking about our child and our happiness she has been forced to think about who could've possibly sent the text informing her that I supposedly got someone else pregnant which I'm sure was causing a million different thoughts to run through her head.

"Savannah sweetheart I wish this didn't happen because you don't deserve to be thinking about anything else besides the happiness of us starting a family together" I said to her, my arms wrapping around her as I held her close to me.

"I am happy Austin, I am more than happy to be starting a family with you" she said as she tilted her head up to look at me again. "But what if they are telling the truth. Not about you making them get rid of the baby because I know you would never do that, but about being pregnant and they never told you" she said, her eyes filling with sadness.

I thought about it for a moment, wondering if what she was saying were true. If it were I'd be devastated. I loved kids, and if I was supposed to be a Dad it's only right that whoever was pregnant at least told me about it, regardless if they wanted me involved in the babies life or not I would be there to support my child. But, it wouldn't change the fact that I am still thrilled that Savannah and I are having a child.

"Sweetheart, I can't lie to you" I said taking a deep breath, the fear that suddenly washed over her face making me chuckle as I cupped her chin in my hand. "I'm not going to tell you anything bad sweetheart so wash that fear from those gorgeous green eyes" I said as I pressed my lips lightly against hers. "I was just going to say that I would be sad if I found out I was supposed to have a baby, but that will never change the fact that I know you are the one I am supposed to be starting a family with and I would never change that for the world" I said to her giving her a reassuring smile as she looked up at me with tears brewing behind her eyes.

"I can understand that baby, but I can't help but think that if you knew that you would've done everything in your power to make them stay and I wouldn't be here" she said as the tears started flowing from her eyes as she looked at me.

"Savannah" I said trying to swallow my own tears, the thought making me equally as sad as her as I wrapped my arms around her, her head resting on my shoulder as I felt her warm tears slide down my chest.

"Please don't think that sweetheart. If one of my ex-girlfriends were pregnant and I never knew I take that as more of a sign that we should be together. We were brought together for a reason sweetheart and I couldn't be happier that you are the one who shares my last name and is carrying my child" I said to her, gazing deeply into her sad green eyes before pressing my lips gently against hers.

"I love you Savannah, and no matter what we get told tomorrow it will never ever change that and it will never make me leave you. I am so incredibly happy with you, more than I've ever been with any of them and that will never change. You've brought me back to life Savvi and that's a feeling I want to keep forever" I smiled, relieved to see a small smile on her face as I gently brushed my fingertip down her jawline.