Chapter Eleven

hello my lovelies, i hope you all had a wonderful day and i love you all.

We were now back at my house. It was 8:45 pm and Louis had dropped me off back home but what he didn't know was that I had called the whole group and planned a congratulations party for him. The girls were already there so they only had to decorate while Edwin and Daniel bought the groceries. They party was all set up in my backyard and now everyone was having a great time.

Seeing Louis's face when he walked through the door was probably the highlight of my day. Everyone was so supportive and happy for him. Now that he was done with filming and we were done with school, we could all enjoy our summer.

"So, Louis, my best bud, Emmie's birthday is coming soon. What do you have planned?" Edwin asked, as he swung his arm around Louis's shoulders. Louis chuckled and looked at me. "Well If I told you, I'd have to kill you because you can't keep a secret if your life depended on it." Louis responded. Edwin opened his mouth to protest but nothing came out. "You're not wrong." He mumbled as he walked away.

Everyone bursts out in laughter. My eyes were slightly closed as I try to catch my breath. I open them to find another pair staring at me softly. Louis's mouth was turned up in a small smile. My heart fluttered. oh boy.

15 minutes later

Valerie and Daniel were setting up the karaoke machine. Taylor had suggested we try it. Of course, she would. She has a beautiful singing voice. "Alright, we're good." Valerie clapped her hands then grabbed Daniel's and led him to sit down.

"Who wants to go first?" Dylan asked. "Ember, you go." Edwin said pushing me up. "What? Why
me?" I asked, confused. "Why not you?" He shrugged. "Fine, I guess." I walked up and took the mic. "Any suggestions?" I asked. "Ooh sing the one your mom sang at your 12th birthday." Jessie suggested. Louis, Taylor, and Edwin all snickered and agreed.

I typed in the song name and pressed on the karaoke version. The song began and I brought the mic up to my lips.

"I've made up my mind
Don't need to think it over
If I'm wrong I am right
Don't need to look no further
This ain't lust
I know this is love but"

I began slowly.

"If I tell the world
I'll never say enough
Cause it was not said to you
And that's exactly what I need to do
If I'm in love with you"

oh great, the l-word.
I started to sing louder.

"Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even If I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere"

I sang at the top of my lungs. The tension started to release from my shoulders. Louis stared at me in awe. All the girls were cheering me on.

"I'd build myself up
And fly around in circles
Waiting as my heart drops
And my back begins to tingle
Finally could this be it or"

Edwin let out a loud whoop and I tried not to laugh. Lilli looked out from her window and yelled "You go, girl." and whooped.

"Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere yeah"

"Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if, it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up,
Or should I just keep on chasing pavements?
Should I just keep on chasing pavements? Or"

The beat started to speed up and my voice got louder as I hit the note. My mom was now at the window with Lilli and looked at me proudly.

"Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere
Or would it be a waste?
Even if I knew my place should I leave it there?
Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements?
Even if it leads nowhere"

The song ended slowly and I put the mic down. Everyone started cheering and clapping. I laughed and took a bow. I sat down next to Louis and he wrapped an arm around me and placed a kiss on my forehead. "You've got some serious pipes, girl. Seriously." Valerie said.

"Alright, that's gonna be hard to beat. So, who's next?" Daniel sat up in his chair.

"Louis, you go." Edwin patted his back. Louis cleared his throat. "Does anyone else wanna go?" He asked, nervously. Everyone nodded no. "Okay, then." He got up and grabbed the mic. He was about to type something then stopped. He thought for a second then typed in something.

The music spilled out from the speakers and I let out a gasp as I realized what song was playing. Louis smirked and brought the mic to his lips.

"Something bad is 'bout to happen to me
I don't know it but I feel it comin'
Might be so sad, might leave my nose running
I just hope she don't wanna leave me"

He kept his eyes locked on me as he sang. I sang along quietly.

"Don't you give me up, please don't give up
Honey, I belong with you, and only you, baby
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you, babe
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you"

Taylor nudged my arm and raised an eyebrow. I rolled my eyes and smiled. I turned my eyes back to Louis.

"Something bad is 'bout to happen to me
Why I feel this way I don't know maybe
I think of her so much it drives me crazy
I just don't want her to leave me"

I would never leave you, not in a million years.

"Don't you give me up, please don't give up
Honey, I belong with you and only you, baby
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you, babe
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you"

Everyone started to cheer as he pointed to me. Taylor grabbed my shoulders and started to shake me while laughing.

"What if she's fine
It's my mind that's wrong
And I just let bad thoughts
Linger for far too long
What if (if!), she's fine (fine!)
It's my mind that's wrong
And I just (just!) let bad thoughts (thoughts!)
Linger for far too long"

"Don't you give me up, please don't give up
Honey, I belong, with you, only you, baby
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you, babe
Only you, my girl, only you, babe
Only you, darling, only you"

Everybody started to clap as he put the mic down. I got up from my seat and ran to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a kiss on his lips. Everyone started to go crazy. Edwin let a loud whoop, picked up Taylor and spun her in a circle. Dylan was recording and laughing. Valerie and Daniel were cheering and clapping. I pulled back and laid my head on his chest as we watched our friends. He wrapped his arm around me and placed his head on top of mine.

A.N.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it. Chasing Pavements and Dark Red are some of my favorite songs ever. Have a good day, my loves.