Lazer Tag

Clara's P.O.V

The day flew by and with very little attention for what was happening around me, the bell for home time thundered through the halls. I smiled up at the clock and sped out of the room before the teacher could even dismiss us. I skipped to my locker and saw all my friends bouncing with anticipation.

"This is going to be cool!" Sam bounces on his feet and grins over at me, notifying the others of my arrival. All their face light up except for Sean's. He probably didn't like that Luke and I were on good terms again. I kind of felt sorry for him. I threw things into my bag and looked up to everyone with wild eyes.

"Are you guys ready?"

"I was born ready honey. Time to kick some male ass" Andy raised her fist and shot an evil grin at the boys, their face's shrivelling up in fear. And so they should. Andy behind the sweet girl facade was a natural born warrior who in dire circumstances even gave up her own team as to complete a mission. Well that was what Conroy and Tristen said when they invited her over to play Call of Duty. I couldn't believe them though.

Stacey and Andy linked arms with me and trotted out towards the parking lot. We would have to take three cars for all of us to get there so we would make a plan when we got there. Allison jogged beside Andy, talking about battle plans and I overheard 'Gorilla warfare seems to be the preferred option'.

We made it to the parking lot, all lost in our own conversations and caught sight of Luke leaning against his car. He and Fran were laughing about something but stopped when his eyes met mine. My face heated up and he pushed himself off the car to watch us walk forward.

"Welcome now for the seating arrangement, me and Fran have already thought it up. In my car will be Clara, Fran, Andy and I. In One of the three over there's car will be the other two and Allison. In Sean's car will be Stacey" He smiled sweetly as both Sean and Stacey glared at him, him grabbing my hand and pulling me into the car before either of them could object. Andy's face was bright red as Fran opened the car door for her and Fran tried hiding his embarrassment in the sleeve of his shirt. We all piled into the cars and set off.

"Hey Andy. I've never really had a conversation with you. What's your type?" Luke turns his head slightly, a devilishly good looking smile on and I see Andy's face redden even more. Fran curses at him and throws a punch but Luke dodges it, his face still craned to hear her answer.

"I like brave guys. Someone that isn't afraid to give himself up for me. Even if that sounds completely selfish"

"Oh no I was just curious. Never know when that information will come in handy"

After a couple more punches, we arrive at the Lazer tag building and forward in. A perky blonde sits at the counter, swinging her legs looking bored as a couple of 12 year old try flirting with her. When she sees us walk in, she straightens up and gives us adoring eyes.

By us I mean Luke.

"Hey Luke, been to long since I've seen you" She blinks her honey brown eyes up at him and rests her face on her palm, looking happy with her choice to come into work today. Seemingly unfazed by her attempt at trying to get him to check her out, he scans the boards above her head at the prices for a group.

"Well guys looks like we're in luck, it's half off"

"Awesome are we picking teams?"

"We're going to do two to a team" Luke finishes quickly and grabs my hand, pulling me against him. He grins at Sean who grabs Stacey's forearm and never taking his glare from Luke's face. Tristen grabs Conroy and Sam grabs Allison by the hip, making her squeal and hit him over the shoulder. Fran hesitantly grabs Andy's forearm and she smiles back at him. Now all paired up we look back to Jen who seems to be eyeing me like an overpriced dress. She pulls her face back into a polite smile but her eyes still stick dagger in my forehead.