The Date

Andy's P.O.V

Be cool.

Just a casual get together with a guy I met a couple days ago and has more than a couple peircings. If Mum could see me now.

"Stop losing your shit Andy. It's going to be fine" Stacey glances up from her place on the bed and tries her best at a symthetic smile. I smile tightly at her before continuing my pacing around the room, making faces at all the clothes that I couldn't wear to a date. I flop down on the bed beside Stacey and sigh.

I give up. I'm going to look like the grinch.

Allison skips inside the room with a excited smile but recoils when she sees my wild expression. Clara is right behind her but just returns my looking with a reassuring smile.

"Not much luck?" Clara says smoothly as she sweeps around the room, picking up clothes and folding them. I sigh and fall back again. I hear a small giggle from Clara and shoot her a glare.

"Andy, first of all you need to calm down. Second, what's wrong with this?"

Clara holds up a navy green turtle neck and I snarl at the hideous thing. Clara is super sweet and like the younger optimistic sister of the group but holy hell, she had no fashion sense. Clara stares at me hopefully with those big doe eyes and I open my mouth to make some excuse about 'lighting'. Stacey shuffles behind me and in a moment she snatches the turtle neck from Clara with a grunt. Clara carefully steps back, knowing not to interfere with whatever Stacey was up to. Stacey begins rubbing her temple muttering things and shooting dirty glares at Clara every so often.

"Like hell I'm going to sit here and watch you dress her in that kinda of crap"

"I thought it looked nice" Allison shrugs in the corner and Clara smiles over at her appriciatively.

"And that's why you and Clara are going downstairs"

Stacey corralled them outside and after a couple minutes of whining, I was alone in a room with Stacey who scruitinized me like a peice of meat. I shifted uncomfortably but she scolded me. Suddenly her face brightened.

"Light tones would look good. I say a dress. Maybe light pink?"

"Like hell"

"You will wear whatever I put you in or I dress you in a spaceman outfit" She hissed at me while surfing through her large purse and mumbling every so often. Stacey was probably the complete opposite of Clara, being so forceful and to be complely honest, frightening. Stacey perks up suddenly, reefing out a light pale dress and smiling brightly at her forethought.

"What are you Mary Poppins?" I stare wide eyed at her purse and she just waves me off, throwing the dress my way. She begins humming and putting the clothes Clara folded into draws. Stacey and I have never been really good friends but she seems to like this kind of stuff. I walk into the bathroom and begin undressing but leave the door slightly ajar.

"Hey Stacey, can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead"

"Why if you like doing these kind of things, don't you go out on dates with people?"

My question was met with a cold silence and I peeked out the door to make sure Stacey was still in the room. She stood in the middle of the room, frozen in the middle of folding the green turtleneck. Her mouth was slightly open like she wanted to say something but closed it tightly, pursing her lips slightly. She smiled sadly before softly putting the turtle neck on the bed.

"The only guy for me likes someone else" Her face broke into a soft smile, her attempt at a normal smile. She coughed slightly like something was building in her throat and waved me off like I didn't say anything.