Chapter 1.

-

Eliza.

That was her name. Beautifully with elegance, she wandered through the forest that was right beside the most stunning and astonishing palace owned by the most loved and prestigious royal family, the Kim's. 

Oh, she wished to be some noble girl that could enter a ball which is getting held every Saturday. To experience the rich services and the quality of a luxurious life, she knows deep inside it's impossible to manifest. Living as an orphan is already hard enough of the fact, but she got nothing. Nothing. She is all alone making ordinary jewellery, that is made by limited items only commoners will want to buy with their limited expenses. That is the only talent she has witnessed she is good at. 

She shakes her head from the horrible reality and sits down, leaning against a tree. She looks up at the castle tower with a sigh and closes her eyes from the warm sun hitting her face, gently. Imagining how wonderful it would be to wear beautiful gowns every single day. Eat delicious delicatessens from the most well-known chefs in the whole kingdom, and get wonderful gifts whenever an event gets hold in honour of you. It would be so nice to wear jewellery with shining gems and look wonderful with no worries. Just once. 

She opens her eyes slowly realizing a cloud has been shadowing the sun. "But, I wish that mere imagination of mine was a true reality. Not only a dream but something real..."

Eliza stood up again and slowly began to leave the peaceful getaway.

-

Now I was back to the heavily aired streets that were busy enough, packed with people.

I walked over to a specific bush and saw how my bag full of all of my stuff to sell was still there. Laying there obvious, so anyone could steal it.

"Who would steal this low-quality earring or ring of mine. They can probably find something better 10 meters away."

Yet again I was standing on the same spot I always do and try to sell some, to try to gain the least money I can to at least buy some food, and something to drink for the day.

She has been doing this since a very young age. Always waking up to the same routine. Experiencing people of the town to look down at her, and treat her badly like an object. Yeah, that's what she has been getting used to every single day. Through winter, spring, summer, autumn, and repeat for 22 years. This is how her life is, and she has come to the fact to accept it at this point.

"Come closer and take a look at the beautiful art of jewels! These accessories will make a simple, but yet, outstanding look everyone will admire! The price is fair! And..."

My smile withers. I sigh and look down.

How much longer do I have to continue to do this?

I look out at the crowd of people passing by one by one. Some people wearing beautiful gowns. Some people looking busy to reach their destination. Some people looking like me, fighting for their lives...

I look down at my fingers. Scars at the tip of the fingertips and my nails that have cracks at some of the ends.

The cold breeze hit's my face, making me tremble because of the cold. I take my hands inside of my patched coat and press the fabric against my petite body frame.

"Winter is coming," I mumble

After hours of trying to sell something, I only get sold 4 items. Which is fairly enough for a piece of bread and a cup of water, maybe.

I look down at the few coins in my hand.

I inhale deeply.

"I hope this is enough for a piece of bread at least"