Chapter 4.

I had never felt this way before. The feeling was so foreign.

I would rather avoid this feeling since it's so unknown, and I'm not sure what it's yet to completely mean.

That's what I rather want to do, but in this short amount of time I've spent with him, just makes me oddly feel so much safer. His presence is so comforting.

And the fact that he wants to spend time with me.

That's the most surprising for me. The fact that he is using his time with me. And it's making me confused even more because not all the dots connect. It doesn't make sense. Why does he want to spend time with me? Yeah, I know that he told me that I deserved much more, etc.

But that still doesn't answer my question.
I don't get the exact answer, because he always avoids my curious questions as if there is much more to it.

I really don't see what he sees. I still don't understand it.

"Has anyone told you how beautiful eyes you got?"

He got me out of my storm with questions that is wandering around my head.

I blankly blink and haven't yet processed what he just asked me.

What?

"Could you please repeat your words? I don't want to get the wrong idea you see-"

"No, the thought you have right now is completely true. That's what I asked you." He smiles warmly at me.

How is he so accurate. It's like he could read my mind.

"Uhm, not really. You see, people have only accused me of being a witch, or someone treated as an outcast. More than what I already am in this society..." I laugh dryly. Trying to make the situation seem less awkward.

That didn't seem to make the situation better. Especially the way Tae-Hyung was looking at me.
The air between us got tense.

"These eyes have always been a burden to me. So I despise them."

I start to lean against the tree behind me and look up, at the fluffy clouds, passing through the secretive castle walls.

I sigh slowly and then continue.

"You know that my reputation in this town is very bad. I really don't know why everyone hates me so much. They treat me worse than someone being in the same situation as me. We both have the same status, but there must be a cause, that I get treated worse. If only I knew why they hated me. Is it because I'm ugly? Is it because of these eyes? Is it because I did something wrong? I mean, I really don't know what you see in these eyes."

He is still quiet. Not even mouthing a single word.

As if a flash of realization hits him. 

But also, as if he knew what I talked about. And I lowered my eyes. 

FLASHBACK TO THIS MORNING

"This area is so new to me" I blurt out. Being in a complete trance the whole entire time since we stood off the horse rickshaw.

He chuckled warmly and turned slowly around to me while holding onto both of my arms.

"There are so many things I want to show you, Eliza."

Does that mean he wants to spend more time with me?

My smile was completely plastered on my face that it began to hurt, but I just couldn't stop smiling. There was something so fascinating about all this. This happiness and warmth I'm feeling inside. It truly makes me completely forget about the true reality that I'm dealing with at the moment.