Chapter 3.

(Play the audio when it says so, for a better reading experience :) )
{OPTIONAL}

——||——

He was right. I had to lean on someone. Especially if he offered to stay by my side voluntery.

Even though I don't know him fully. I just know that he is a good human. I know that trusting someone you barely know can lead to difficult situations, but what else do I have to lose in this world. Nothing. If he wants to help me, let him do that. No one would help someone like me, and I just knew from that moment that he was a special one.

He had taken my hand in his, and we walked together in the rain. I could feel the radiating heat coming from the palm of his hand.

"First of all, I'll make sure you have something new to wear. Something dry and warm." He smiled at me. A warm one.

That one smile made me feel so much better. The last time someone smiled at me like that was when Angelica was overjoyed with the piece of bread I gave her. I miss her.

I shook off the sad thoughts and focused on the heartwarming, generous man in front of me.

Why is he suddenly wanting to help me? Out of everyone, but me...

"So what is your favourite food, Eliza?" He looked at me again and smiled.

The fact that he also knew my name, even though I hadn't told him that yet... That's mysterious. But I don't get bad intentions about him.

I've probably told him, so never mind...

but why is he being so nice? I'm not used to it...

I'm scared that If I let go of this warm and soft hand, that he will disappear like those bittersweet dreams I rarely have when I'm asleep.

I'm used to people pushing me. Insulting me. Giving me hurtful stares. Making the most ruthful rumours.

I'm not used to the nice side of it.

When someone is giving a hug. When someone smiles at me. When did someone want to do something for, me?

"Eliza?" He got me out of my heavy and deep thoughts and looked questionable at me.

"Yeah? Oh! Favourite food...Hmm, I haven't tasted anything else other than bread and an apple. If I was lucky, then sometimes a piece of a blueberry pie or freshly baked bread. That's just on rare occasions. Probably only once or twice a year." I looked down at my feet, and the smile faded slowly. After feeling slightly embarrassed, I look up at him again.

"That's how it is when you are abandoned by your family, without anything. I don't even know if my family is still out there, or is and enjoying life. They probably despised me. Hated me. That's why I was left all alone on the streets, only with a name tag. When someone helped me get the least food, and raised me. I don't even remember who it was. But whoever that helped me shouldn't have, 'cause it hurts to survive. It's so... hard." A single tear left my right eye, but I quickly wiped It off like nothing.

Tae-Hyung looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"How could anyone just leave their child on the streets? That's so horrible."

He said with a sad tone.

"I guess some people have their reasons, and some don't. But what can I say."

He wiped the second tear-off of my face with his thumb and cupped my cheek.

"It's okay. I'm here now. You're not alone anymore." he assured me.