Chapter 2.

(I recommend listening to the audio for a better reading experience)

I slowly opened my eyes. The sound of birds chirping was enough for me to realize what I've come back to. Today is another day, in this awful reality. 

As I get up from the cold ground, I realize that Angelica is gone from my lap. I suddenly get up. I begin to panic and overthink all the reasons why she is gone. 

I begin to silent cry, realizing the sudden affection I've gotten for her. Even though I have only known her for half a day. She was like a little sister to me. 

I ran inside the crowd of people looking for her.

"Angelica! Where are you, Angelica!" I shout out while running in the busy crowd. 

My vision was blurry, because of the heavy tears that kept on coming. 

While running I accidentally ran into someone. 

"Hey! Watch out where you are running, low life! You little rats like you are everywhere!" A man shouted and pushed me roughly to the ground. 

I began to sob loudly, and cry all I could. 

It hurt that she was gone. 

Nothing is easy. I wish that luck was at least once on my side since I already fail in life so poorly. 

I'm so worried about where she is. What will happen to her? She was such a beautiful little girl. With such a pure soul. She got such an innocent look, that it'll break my heart for what will possibly happen to her in this cruel world. 

I clutch onto my chest and continue crying. 

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, and I turned around. 

What if it was Angelica?

No... 

It was the mysterious man from yesterday. 

I looked up at him, and right inside his eyes which his head was covered with the dark coloured hood, he wore from yesterday. 

He was looking expressionless down at me. No emotions were showing, but his facial expression changed when he saw my crying face. His gaze softened, and he kneels down on one of his knees. 

"What's the matter?" I could see the urge he had to dry off the single tear that left my eyelid and streamed down my cheek. 

"I-I can't find her!" I sob and look down on the ground while the heavy and warm tears kept on streaming down and end up on my gown. 

"Who?" He asked me with a worried tone. 

"A-Angelica! A little girl. She is now all alone. Gone! What should I do? What if something possibly happens to her?!" I looked up at him again while the tears streamed down. 

He looked at me with an understanding face, as if he just knew who I was talking about. But I didn't give it any other thoughts. His eyes saddened.

"She is gone... She can't possibly live by herself in this harsh reality. She has none! No one to go back home to!"

I slowly cried even more of the fact that she is like me. She has no one to lean on. 

This feeling was new. Losing someone dear to you. The fact that I could, unfortunately, relate to her. She was reminding me of myself. Having it rough. Being so overly happy after finding a piece of bread to eat. I wish I wasn't so careless with her. And I should have looked over her all night if that was the case to not lose her.