𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I enter the gym hall just as Flynn leaves to get us ice cream,a smile still evident on my face

I enter the gym hall just as Flynn leaves to get us ice cream,a smile still evident on my face. Plonking down beside J she eyes me weirdly. "What made you smile that much? Anything that can work on me?" She asks sadly still bummed about tonight events. Truthfully Im not as upset anymore just angry at the ghosts.

"Trust me i don't think it would work on you..." I draw out deciding not to tell Julie what happened with Dylan i can tell her tomorrow or something.

Silence takes us over again,for such a big gym hall you could almost hear a pin drop.

"River! Julie! We are ready to rock this dannnceee!" Reggie happily runs into the empty hall with Luke and Alex right behind him. "Which is clearly over..." he adds.

I stand up with J still sitting by my legs,the group hesitate before walking towards me.

"Look we are...so,so sorry that we bailed on you" Luke starts kinda freightned by the look on my face not even bothering to look at Julie.

"Yeah,I mean,the night really got away from us" Alex says adding to Luke's crappy apology.

"And the twins" Reggie says getting a disaproving look from Alex,clearly Reggie meant to keep that thought to himself.

"And what kept you so busy huh? It's not like you guys have a life" I say harshly to them making their eyes wide slightly. "Just please say it had nothing to do with getting back at Carries dad" Crossing my arms over my chest.

"Pfffft" Luke starts while all the boys let out a chorus of 'as ifs','of course nots' and many...too many 'no's'.

"Seriously? you know I didn't even want to be apart of whatever this is" I say pointing between J and the boys. "But I trusted you boys and clearly that was idiotic of me" Closing my eyes to take a breath before i continue trying to hold back the tears welling in my eyes.

"I hate liars especially when they lie to my face" the silence in the gym hall returned quite fast.

"Look it was something we needed to do" Alex says genuinely.

"But we'll do whatever it takes- we'll play the next school-"

"What? so you can bail on us again?" i cut luke off stepping closer letting my anger take over. "Make us look like fools again?" when they say nothing i scoff loudly and storm off.

Luke poofs so he's now standing in front of me,he opens his mouth but no words come out. "i don't speak for Julie but me? I'm done. Seriously it sucks cause our songs were good....we were good Luke" by now i let the tears fall.

Luke looks at me like deer in headlights "With everything I've been through...stuff you don't know but what you did know was how hard this was for me! How tough its been and you do this? Friends don't do that to each other i- this was the biggest mistake" i finish before letting out a sob and running away from the gym as fast as my legs could take me.

The feeling was sickening,was it betrayal or maybe slight heartbreak?

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵