𝐗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉ミ★ ( self destruction, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉
ミ★ ( self destruction, act one ) ★彡

Years had gone by and the Mikaelson family went through many more trials and tribulations. It had started right after the argument that occurred about the death of Alexander between Nik and Kaden when the younger brother admitted that he wished to keep Finn daggered. Elijah and Kaden were heavily against the decision and fought with their brother for what seemed like days trying to get him to change his mind but he didn't relent. Eventually, Kaden understood it was probably for the best as Finn hated what they were; he would most likely become a danger to himself or the rest of the family the longer he resented what they became.

It meant that they would be able to keep an eye on him and stay together rather than split up while trying to evade Mikael. Kaden knew he would grow to hate the decision but after everything that had happened in France, it was for the best.

Telling the woman Finn loved the news was even harder. The two had met shortly after they had left France and would rendezvous whenever they could. Rebekah didn't like her so Finn chose to keep it a secret from his family but Kaden had found out regardless and kept their relationship a secret in order to protect them from Rebekah's wrath and jealousy.

Kaden could still remember her cries of pain when he told her that he couldn't convince Nik to undagger him and he had no idea how long it would be until they could. As much as he wanted someone for Finn, he told her it was best to move on and find someone else since she too now had eternity to do so-thanks to Finn.

To make matters worse, after the death of Alexander, they realised that there was a curse that would be placed on whatever vampire kills one of the brotherhood. It had come on only a few hours after their death and it had hit him like a truck, the siblings didn't actually know what was wrong with him and worried he may of been attacked or poisoned prior to their awakening.

And unfortunately since Nik had killed all five of them, all five hunters haunted him attempting to get him to kill himself for half century. Nik explained that it was an era where he truly felt time.

It was hard for Kaden to watch his younger brother lose his mind as a price for trying to save their family from the hunters that lurked under their roof. It made him feel guilty that he wasn't smart enough to try and protect them in the first place, and assume that the hunters hadn't figured out that the Mikaelsons were vampires. They were comfortable in their presence because of their daylight ring but they had gotten too comfortable.

Nik never went into detail about what he saw but from what Kaden gathered, it was enough to drive him crazy. There were a lot of accidental brawls between the brothers because Nik was seeing and hallucinating something else. Soon enough, Elijah, Kol and Kaden decided it was time to try and keep him at bay until they could figure out how to break the curse.